Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
2,963 Posts
Decided to get these inexpensive silicone jackets for my keyfob's. They work very well.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N9G0ZX9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I like the fact with the EX/Touring everything can be done by just having the key fob in your pocket. I can unlock/lock the doors using the door handle, and open the trunk. Since I never have to take the key fob out to press a button, it reduces the chance of me having butterfingers, and dropping it. So I probably don't need this as much.

·
Administrator
4,838 Posts
Decided to get these inexpensive silicone jackets for my keyfob's. They work very well.
I bought similar ones, similar colors as well! Got this when it was under $8: https://www.amazon.com/Hvasun-Protective-Silicone-Pocket-Buttons/dp/B07D196WDT/

I liked that it had extra "small detail" of white outline and enclosed plastic window on the backside. I looked at a lot of designs, and liked that this opened from bottom, for easy access to the manual key when needed.

Like andrew28, I hardly remove the key from my pocket. But having seen the dealer manhandle my key during service (e.g. casually drop onto dashboard/counter, dangle from door handle with key tag threaded through, tossed between valets), I don't mind the extra protection. And it also makes my key easy to pick out from the others.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
2,963 Posts
Like andrew28, I hardly remove the key from my pocket. But having seen the dealer manhandle my key during service (e.g. casually drop onto dashboard/counter, dangle from door handle with key tag threaded through, tossed between valets), I don't mind the extra protection. And it also makes my key easy to pick out from the others.
The dealer where I bought my Insight, usually just ask me to leave the key fob in the cup-holders, and I return to my car with the key fob still there. At the dealership near my home, they do take the key fob, and thread a numbered tag on it. You do make a good point by making it easier to ID the key fob as your own and the extra protection it offers when giving it to someone else. I will have to consider getting one now... :smile:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Has anyone found one of these key fob jackets for a 4 button LX? I looked on Amazon but was not sure about some pictured. Thanks, Bogey

·
Administrator
4,838 Posts
Has anyone found one of these key fob jackets for a 4 button LX? I looked on Amazon but was not sure about some pictured. Thanks, Bogey
I think you'll need to compare what your key fob looks like, to the different offerings on Amazon. It'll probably be easier if you look for a match to the Civic LX key fob, as it's similar to the Insight LX key fob.

These Amazon results came up when I typed "2016 civic lx key fob silicone."

If your LX key fob looks like this picture, then these ones look like the closest visual match to me...

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think you'll need to compare what your key fob looks like, to the different offerings on Amazon. It'll probably be easier if you look for a match to the Civic LX key fob, as it's similar to the Insight LX key fob.

These Amazon results came up when I typed "2016 civic lx key fob silicone."

If your LX key fob looks like this picture, then these ones look like the closest visual match to me...
Thanks Insightfully, This is the one I need. Ordered 2 red ones now. These forums are a great help in figuring out stuff on the insight. Bogey

1 - 8 of 8 Posts