Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a matter of time.

My first Insight, a 2019 EX, was passed down to my son earlier this year. Last night, he was out a little late and was trying to beat the 11pm GDL deadline for getting off the road. While backing out of a parking spot at Wendy's, he turned into his friends rear wheel. The other car doesn't appear to have any damage, but the Insight looks to have caught a lugnut and ripped the bumper cover. Hopefully it's just a bracket and cover. The lights are intact.

Will be visiting the body shop today. Any ballpark idea what to expect in terms of repair cost? I'm trying to not involve insurance if I can.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
106 Posts
You look at a car the wrong way now and it's a few hundred dollars, minimum. Depends where you are, insurance and what not but I'd guess that'll set you back a few k

·
Registered
2019 EX White Pearl Orchid
83 Posts
I can let you know tomorrow!! I have the exact same damage on the drivers side... Mine may be more expensive as the radar is there... Love the big brown rats in WI. aka deer damage

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good news! Since he hit the passenger side and not driver's, the electric motor cooling ducting isn't affected! If you're going to mess up the front of an Insight, hit the passenger side. No Touring fog lights helps too.

It needs the bumper cover, small black grille and airbag sensor (his snapped off the bracket).

Total cost estimate with labor is $828.22. I was floored as I was expecting well over $1K. Reputable repair shop that our family has done business with in the past.

We're dropping the car off on Monday for repairs. We've been advised to drive it as little as possible since the airbag sensor is not attached and can rattle around. There's no guarantee it won't set off the airbag. It shouldn't, but no one can say for sure.

We got off cheap this time.

Reactions: Mobilcams

·
Registered
253 Posts
Perhaps Simcoe needs to be removed from his current driver’s hands for a short time as punishment…..and I hope he’s paying….

1 - 6 of 6 Posts