Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

Sirius XM Deals

12K views 36 replies 14 participants last post by  insightfully 
#1 ·
So what is the best deal anyone has received on the Sirius XM renewal? It is my understanding if you let the service expire they will call with a special deal.

#2 ·
I got 6 months for 38.26 including fees and tax. That’s not all access, just the basic plan. I’ve gotten yearly deals in the past too, but the last time this was the best they offered. I usually call them a day or so before it would renew and ask to cancel. It’s takes saying no until about their third offer before I agree. Or sometimes I just ask right up front for their best deal.

#4 ·
Same here. I'm sure it was just their way of getting my credit card info in hopes I'll forget to call and "cancel" at the end of the three months, but couldn't turn down three months for $2. They also offered me a free Sirius portable radio (just pay for shipping). Didn't bother with that offer although I'm sure they would offer it again if asked. They also offer to set you up with a reminder email before your subscription "renews" automatically in case you want to cancel. Just be sure to ask that they enable that reminder for you.

#6 ·
Just tried to cancel my trial plan and they offered me a 1 year plan with a one time payment of $72.82 or monthly at $6.06, good for one year. Tried to say that was too much so he started to cancel my account, so I had him stop and went ahead and did the one year payment up front. Given I take a tool road each day to work with costs me as much per day as this plan costs me per month, it was a no brainer, even though I only listen to the 70/80/90's channels on occasion. At least I am helping SirusXM stay in business. :)

#7 ·
I called at the end of my trial to cancel stating the monthly cost was too much. The immediately offered $7/month for the intermediate plan (I don't listen to Howard) for one year. I took it and then set a reminder in my calendar to call again just short of a year to do the same thing again. A co-worker has been doing this with Sirius/XM for several years and always gets a new deal. Give it a try!

#21 ·
Sirius sent me some mail offering to extend my “trial” for another 3 months for a $2 processing fee. I’m tempted but them having my payment info is all they need to catch me off guard. My roomie is stupidly paying $20/mo because he’s too lazy to call and threaten to cancel.

#22 ·
Just do it, and put a note in your calendar (three months out minus a couple days) to call them and cancel stating it's too much. You'll get the $5 deal from then on for the "select" plan (plus fees). Thank your roomie. His/her inaction is what allows everyone else to get "the deal."

#27 ·
I’m like you in that I never used it during the free trial and a year after the trial ended I still haven’t used it. I have only ever received one letter in the mail from Sirrus saying my trial was ending soon. I had it on another vehicle and wasn’t wild on it. Too many choices and from what I remember it was a little repetitious.

#33 ·
Mailing just arrived. Just signed my wife up for $4.99/mo + tax & fees ($6.46.mo total) for a year. You don't need the deal to re-subscribe. Just call XM and tell them you're thinking about cancelling because the new, non-promo rate is too expensive. They'll give you the promo rate for another year. Remember to note the promo expiration date in your calendar so you can call in a year. Only suckers pay retail.

#35 ·
To not add anything to this conversation... people pay for radio? Here are my thoughts on the matter...
I enjoyed having live TV news feeds on my drive to work (when I used to drive TO work). I also use free SiriusXM streaming via Bluetooth in my old Odyssey.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.