Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started noticing a noise that occurs when the gas mode hands off to the electric motor. It’s like a snap/pop sound that sounds vaguely electric (like a relay). It’s fairly low in volume but unmissable. Tends to happen more when slowing down in speed than accelerating. Anybody else have this issue?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,326 Posts
No sounds here. I don't even notice the transition to EV most of the time. Ask the dealership to inspect your car.

·
Super Moderator
3,306 Posts
Would a video pick up on the sound, or is it too low to detect? Would be interested in seeing (display screens) and hearing what you experience, because as others have mentioned, it doesn't sound normal.

I wonder if your radio might be picking up on the magnetic signals. If more prevalent when slowing (vs accelerating) it might be the magnetic change that's happening when gas engine switches from generating energy to charging battery. Another difference could be the state of the clutch (i.e. closed when acting as a generator - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/153-2019-powertrain-technical-discussion/2676-ecvt-vs-cvt.html#post19204)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts