Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one is funny and has a fun twist to it.. I was behind this big ole Florida Diesel pick up and we ended up next to each other at a light. I knew his kind - I was aware of what would happen if he noticed my hybrid badge.. So, sport mode it is - then when the light turned green - I smashed the gas as hard as I could and held it as I got in front of him to make my turn into the grocery store.. I park and as I am getting out of my car he pulls around to park (he was going to the same dang store I was).. I went in and got what I needed and guess who I ran into coming out of the store? He was impressed as hell and didn't even realize it was a hybrid, he asked me if it was a six cylinder and when I gave him the specs of it he was amazed. He ended up talking to me about it for a few minutes because he has a long commute to work and was thinking of getting something better on gas!!! LMAO!! He said he didn't think I was going to take off like a bat out of H#*$ and that he'd never seen a hybrid that quick.. Made my whole night, and he was actually a super nice guy! Just makes me remember they are having fun with their toys just like we do..

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,067 Posts
I think the Insight has the most torque besides the Clarity out of all the electrified Honda vehicles. The car weighing around 3,000 pounds allows you to launch ahead most cars from a stop with the battery at least half charged.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Have done similar super acceleration x2 this past week. Useful for getting around slow pokes in the few and often short passing zones available on the low speed two lane rural roads. Of course I do it in EV mode, with some light breaking afterwords to recover some of the energy.

The car gives fast, back into the seat acceleration, silent, with minimal impact on the day's mpg. With the tire pressures where I like them, I've got precise steering control to place the car exactly where I want it, through-out the maneuver

1 - 4 of 4 Posts