Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one noticed any new software updates?? If not we can leave this discussion open for future and any one who finds the update can post here and let others know.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Audio System Updates....

Anyone know if there is an update for the Insight? I followed the instructions, which led nowhere. Sent me to https://usb.honda.com but there wasn't even a choice for the Insight there...

·
Registered
455 Posts
If you’re not able to park within range Wifi is not an option. I wish Honda would at least publish the current version numbers so we could just check it that way.

·
Super Moderator
2,334 Posts
Anyone know if there is an update for the Insight? I followed the instructions, which led nowhere. Sent me to https://usb.honda.com but there wasn't even a choice for the Insight there...
No updates from Honda yet. I assume the usb option will be available once an update is available. The 10th gen Honda Accord use the same software and the last update for it was April 2018 (https://owners.honda.com/Documentum/ota/2018_Accord_Sedan.pdf). The Insight launched in June 2018 so all Insights already have that update.

If you’re not able to park within range Wifi is not an option. I wish Honda would at least publish the current version numbers so we could just check it that way.
Could always use your phone as a wifi hotspot or park near a store with free wifi like mcdonalds/starbucks.:wink: The Touring has a 4G LTE data connection but not sure if checking for updates work on it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nope :-( Sure wish they'd fix my Apple Carplay freezes ("unable to start") and add a digital speedometer!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah, my whole Honda head unit seems to restart itself 2-3 times per day. Randomly. No apparent reason.
Not a Carplay issue but the whole head unit. :-/

·
Registered
49 Posts
System Updates

Hi everyone,

When I connected my Insight to my home's Wifi network (or tethered it to my smartphone) and then went to System Update, my Insight was unable to connect. Does one have to be connected somehow to HondaLink?:

·
Super Moderator
3,317 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes, I tried again this morning: it said it couldn't connect to Honda's servers.

I took @insightfully's tip and tried to reboot the Infotainment system. I wasn't successful, despite following the instructions given on this forum, so I decided to try a reset all settings (since I knew that would reboot the Infotainment system), and that worked!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Tested Apple CarPlay with the latest 13.1 iOS beta which was released today. Still doesn't work with the DII Nav. Apple did add HUD/second screen support in CarPlay iOS 13 so I guess it really does need Honda to update the infotainment software for DII Nav to function with CarPlay.
Pffttt...good luck on Honda updating that. They don’t seem interested at all in updating the software of the Display Audio despite numerous bugs.

·
Super Moderator
2,334 Posts
Pffttt...good luck on Honda updating that. They don’t seem interested at all in updating the software of the Display Audio despite numerous bugs.
I've been following the software release notes for the below cars that have the newer infotainment system.

Honda has been actively pushing out updates to the Odyssey, Pilot, and Passport.

• B.1.0.8
  • B.1.0.9
  • B.1.0.10
  • B.1.0.11
  • B.1.0.12
  • B.1.014
  • B1.0.06
  • B.1.0.21 [12/13/18]
  • B.1.0.26 [8/29/19]
Those 3 cars share similar build numbers that start with B1.0.XX. The Insight shares similar build numbers to the Accord. Maybe the Accord and Insight infotainment software have less urgent bugs?:plain:

Latest build numbers from Honda TSBs
Insight 18AE-1945-001
Accord 18AA-1945-001

Edit:

Found the above going through Honda TSBs. It's interesting that the Pilot, Odyssey, and Passport are running on Android Lollipop. While the Accord and Insight are running on Android Marshmallow even though they all share a similar user interface.

·
Super Moderator
3,317 Posts
Those 3 cars share similar build numbers that start with B1.0.XX. The Insight shares similar build numbers to the Accord. Maybe the Accord and Insight infotainment software have less urgent bugs?:plain:
[...]
Found the above going through Honda TSBs. It's interesting that the Pilot, Odyssey, and Passport are running on Android Lollipop. While the Accord and Insight are running on Android Marshmallow even though they all share a similar user interface.
Maybe 'lack of lawsuits' also puts updates on the Accord/Insight software at the bottom of the list. Maybe if we start something for the Accord/Insight, it'll make it higher on Honda's priorities...?

The Odyssey and Pilot have a class action lawsuit against them for the head unit, as you previously flagged. The new updates Honda has been pushing 'looks' like them trying to show 'some' action to minimize/manage their legal liability - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/11640-post12.html

1 - 20 of 22 Posts