Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just sold my 2019 Insight and have a spare tire, spare tire toolkit (with all tools), and foam insert for sale. Came from 2017 Civic. $180 OBO.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Insight EX - Platinum White Pearl
33 Posts
Hi, I'd like to buy this. Please message me as the forum won't let me start a conversation as a new member.

-Scott

·
Registered
33 Posts
How does this fit in the insight, do you have to change all the foam as well I really want one to keep the wife save those repair kits that blow in that tell is not good for larger damage.

·
Registered
33 Posts
How does this fit in the insight, do you have to change all the foam as well I really want one to keep the wife save those repair kits that blow in that tell is not good for larger damage.
The Honda Civic (2016 and newer) spare tire, foam organizer, and tools all fit perfectly within the Insight's trunk. You'll have to remove the foam organizer that came with the Insight. The spare tire fits in its place.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The Honda Civic (2016 and newer) spare tire, foam organizer, and tools all fit perfectly within the Insight's trunk. You'll have to remove the foam organizer that came with the Insight. The spare tire fits in its place.
Thank you is there the ability to screw it down with a screw hooker something to keep it from bouncing around thanks again

·
Registered
33 Posts
This is the screw down holder that should come with the spare tire kit. It fits in the Insight as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought one from a guy who had wrecked the front end of his 2020 Civic. He didn't think about saving the tiedown and spacer. I ordered those 2 pieces but two places were out of stock so I didn't re-order. The tire doesn't rattle around at all so I decided I didn't need the the tie down. The foam fit perfectly and I used the empty slit for the electric battery gadget and worked fine. The tire and foam are slightly higher than trunk floor but I have the trunk tray so no unevenness is noticeable. Do I need the spacer for anything else other that being part of tie down for spare? I got really lucky with an never used kit or tire for $75 and a 2 hour drive each way.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I bought one from a guy who had wrecked the front end of his 2020 Civic. He didn't think about saving the tiedown and spacer. I ordered those 2 pieces but two places were out of stock so I didn't re-order. The tire doesn't rattle around at all so I decided I didn't need the the tie down. The foam fit perfectly and I used the empty slit for the electric battery gadget and worked fine. The tire and foam are slightly higher than trunk floor but I have the trunk tray so no unevenness is noticeable. Do I need the spacer for anything else other that being part of tie down for spare? I got really lucky with an never used kit or tire for $75 and a 2 hour drive each way.
That's a great price! The spacer is two sided allowing the same bolt to hold down either the compact spare or a full size wheel when you get a flat. That's its only purpose. I'm surprised your spare kit does not sit flush under the trunk floor, mine is flush. I know when a full size wheel is in there it will be slightly taller than the trunk floor.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got really lucky finding it and glad to hear I don't really need the spacer. The height of foam is just a tiny bit high and isn't noticeable.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts