Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Font Rectangle Material property Parallel Paper

Hello everyone,

I secured the parts I have seen in other threads to get the spare tire set up.

I now have the wheel, the adapter, the bolt, and I believe the foam insert. Attached are two pictures
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper Art

of the invoice for most recent parts and the foam insert holder.

The problem is that nothing fits. It is a 2022 Honda Insight and despite using 84541-TXM-A10 foam insert and 74652-SDA-003 Bolt, I cannot get the bolt to reach beneath the tire into the hole. Additionally, would love clarification on the jack.

I know the tire is correct, and from what I can tell the foam and bolt are, so why can I not even get those to work with the adapter?

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
167 Posts
You have not indicated how you are placing the wheel in the spare tire well. Just a guess, but have you tried placing the wheel in the well with the bolt pattern at the bottom? This puts the bolt closer to the bracket!

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,685 Posts
Face down in the well should do it. Also, make sure you have the hold-down bolt set correctly - it's two-sided. The bolt down not go through the inset to hold the tire down. The insert goes in after the tire is secured.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Face down in the well should do it. Also, make sure you have the hold-down bolt set correctly - it's two-sided. The bolt down not go through the inset to hold the tire down. The insert goes in after the tire is secured.
What insert do you speak of?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts