Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BTW, how does the speed sign recognition work? If all the LKAS, ACC, CMBS, LWC, etc. Are turned on, the signs should be recognized right? It is not something I need to turn on?
It's a 'simple' system and usually a set-and-forget options, but there are a few things worth knowing about the "Traffic Sign Recognition" feature:
  • It relies on the camera only (as do RDM and LKAS), instead of other Honda Sensing features that use both camera and radar. - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/10920-post10.html
  • It may show '---' if no traffic signs are detected, or incorrectly (default?) display 100 mph - or the equivalent in kph. Lighting and windshield conditions affect sign detection. - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/258-2019-honda-insight-features-equipment/2276-speed-limit-100-a.html
  • A "small" version of the sign (below the ACC/LKAS indicators) which defaults to 'ON' but can be toggled off/on using the infotainment system under SETTINGS --> VEHICLE --> DRIVER ASSIST SYSTEM SETUP --> TRAFFIC SIGN RECOGNITION SYSTEM (OM p378).
  • There's option to show a "larger" icon on the DII display (within the inner circle display of the Power/Charge meter) also using the left selector/scroll wheel under HOME --> TRAFFIC SIGN. Comparison of the 'small' and 'large' icons and placement is in attachment below.
  • For those with HondaLink, you can set a 'Speed Alert' to provide a notification when your speed exceeds a speed limit specified by yourself.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
BTW looking for the speed sign option in my DII. Can’t find it. It’s been two weeks since I got the car and still waiting for a speed sign to pop up on my DII, nothing. Wonder if size or any other characteristic (of the sign) has any influence?

·
Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BTW looking for the speed sign option in my DII. Can’t find it. It’s been two weeks since I got the car and still waiting for a speed sign to pop up on my DII, nothing. Wonder if size or any other characteristic (of the sign) has any influence?
Check that it's toggled to "ON" under the following path on the infotainment system:
SETTINGS --> VEHICLE --> DRIVER ASSIST SYSTEM SETUP --> TRAFFIC SIGN RECOGNITION SYSTEM

1 - 3 of 3 Posts