It's a 'simple' system and usually a set-and-forget options, but there are a few things worth knowing about the "Traffic Sign Recognition" feature:BTW, how does the speed sign recognition work? If all the LKAS, ACC, CMBS, LWC, etc. Are turned on, the signs should be recognized right? It is not something I need to turn on?
- It relies on the camera only (as do RDM and LKAS), instead of other Honda Sensing features that use both camera and radar. - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/10920-post10.html
- It may show '---' if no traffic signs are detected, or incorrectly (default?) display 100 mph - or the equivalent in kph. Lighting and windshield conditions affect sign detection. - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/258-2019-honda-insight-features-equipment/2276-speed-limit-100-a.html
- A "small" version of the sign (below the ACC/LKAS indicators) which defaults to 'ON' but can be toggled off/on using the infotainment system under SETTINGS --> VEHICLE --> DRIVER ASSIST SYSTEM SETUP --> TRAFFIC SIGN RECOGNITION SYSTEM (OM p378).
- There's option to show a "larger" icon on the DII display (within the inner circle display of the Power/Charge meter) also using the left selector/scroll wheel under HOME --> TRAFFIC SIGN. Comparison of the 'small' and 'large' icons and placement is in attachment below.
- For those with HondaLink, you can set a 'Speed Alert' to provide a notification when your speed exceeds a speed limit specified by yourself.
49.5 KB Views: 90