Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I had a strange new experience: 3 times I heard a woman's voice warn me about traffic problems on my probable route. I say "probable", because I was not using either Honda Nav (Touring model) or Google Maps to navigate anywhere. The first two times I was listening to a podcast with BT Audio and the volume was set around 20. The "map voice" was very faint. The third time I was not listening to anything. The voice was still faint, but I saw that the volume level was 5, not a level I would ever set, and I cranked it up.

It's likely that this was Google Assitant trying to be helpful, but could it be from Honda?

My car is haunted!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I too have a Touring and have received the same traffic warning. Most nights when I start the car from work I'll get "Traffic is delaying your trip by XX minutes". I thinks it's the Honda Nav, since I've never connected my iPhone for Google or Apple maps. I think it's actually a cool little feature.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I’ve used the Honda nav a lot and I’ve always thought the traffic warning was because of that. Never realized it could happen even when not using the nav. The nav will offer alternative routes at the same time if there is a faster one available.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It’s the Honda nav’s predicted destination feature which is based on your location data. It’s very weird when you hear it for the first time! Mine has only ever indicated a delay of one minute which seems weird. Has anyone else’s specified a different time?
Edit: it happens even if you don’t typically use the nav.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts