Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2019 Honda Insight lx model with 5,500 miles. Like a month ago I had noticed a very faint high pitch squeak sound when pulling up in the driveway. It was coming from the rear end when tires in the back hit the bump in the driveway. I took it to the dealership and then had one of the service techs test drive it with me. We were able to duplicate that same sound. Car stayed at the dealership for a day and got it back. No squeaks for like 2 days and then it started to make the squeaking noise when going into bumps. Dropped it off again at the dealership and they haven’t been able to find the problem. They can clearly hear it but they have determined it’s inside the trunk. Has anyone had an issue related to this? At this point every time I drive into a bump or a dip I can hear a squeak/peep sound coming from the trunk area. any help is appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
1,246 Posts
Remove the foam tool holder from the spare well and see if the squeak stops. That's the only thing inside the trunk that would squeak. Perhaps it's rubbing against the well when you hit a bump? Other than that, it's likely a suspension issue (bushing?).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Remove the foam tool holder from the spare well and see if the squeak stops. That's the only thing inside the trunk that would squeak. Perhaps it's rubbing against the well when you hit a bump? Other than that, it's likely a suspension issue (bushing?).

Yesterday I did remove the spare well and I was still able to hear the squeaking sound. Dealership said that they did try to tighten some of the suspension the first time and didn't hear any squeaking for a few days. then it started over.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm currently having those, among other issues. Almost sounds like an old bed spring. Honda can't figure it out for me either. My car has also started wobbling randomly and intermittently, typically when I let off the gas and coast, or very high speeds (70+), but sometimes very low speeds too.
Sometimes the wobble is borderline dangerous, especially in rain. I have had my tires balanced 3 times, and still nothing. Alignment tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
4,102 Posts
I'm currently having those, among other issues. Almost sounds like an old bed spring. Honda can't figure it out for me either. My car has also started wobbling randomly and intermittently, typically when I let off the gas and coast, or very high speeds (70+), but sometimes very low speeds too.
Sometimes the wobble is borderline dangerous, especially in rain. I have had my tires balanced 3 times, and still nothing. Alignment tomorrow.
How many miles is your car at now and/or when these started?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts