Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know where I can find a diagram for the audio wiring harness to the speakers? I have never seen so many harnesses going into the back of the head unit. I can't tell which is which because Honda apparently likes to use the same color wires over and over. Any help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2019 Honda Insight Touring
709 Posts
Anybody know where I can find a diagram for the audio wiring harness to the speakers? I have never seen so many harnesses going into the back of the head unit. I can't tell which is which because Honda apparently likes to use the same color wires over and over. Any help is greatly appreciated
Try going to the parts counter of your dealer and see if they'll give you a copy of the back of the head unit on the parts ordering screen. This was how I was able to get the information on the wire outputs on the touring amp.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used my powerful(mwahaha) connections to obtain this official wiring schematic, used by Honda technicians. However I'm still trying to decipher it lol

Hope this helps a few peeps. maybe someone who understands this can simplify what all the wires in the audio speaker harness do? If I'm not mistaken there are a whooping 12 harnesses in the back of the 8" Audio Display unit.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lQ-aa86xk82P9rOdGoq5gx2fUFGXxdhQ?usp=sharing

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
431 Posts
Does anybody know if the Insight has a harness (that’s either on car side or door side) that holds all the wires from car to door and unplugs (to remove door quickly)?

I was talking to a tech at Best Buy car audio and he was telling me a lot of new cars have this. He was saying most likely my Insight has it and he would have to drill into it to run my thicker speaker wire (which would void warranty). I asked him if there was a way around it and he said no because it’s a harness that contains all the wiring going through door.

I guess the only way around it would be to drill into door and install a boot there (don’t even know if that voids warranty too).

·
Administrator
4,777 Posts
Does anybody know if the Insight has a harness (that’s either on car side or door side) that holds all the wires from car to door and unplugs (to remove door quickly)?
Yes, I think there's a bundled harness and quick disconnect (based on Insight being same platform as Civic).

I considered converting EX side mirrors to Touring version (with turn signal lights) and found the following Civic thread showing pictures of the door interior components. - https://www.civicx.com/threads/diy-adding-turn-signal-lights-to-si-ex-side-mirrors.19619/

·
Registered
431 Posts
Yes, I think there's a bundled harness and quick disconnect (based on Insight being same platform as Civic).

I considered converting EX side mirrors to Touring version (with turn signal lights) and found the following Civic thread showing pictures of the door interior components. - https://www.civicx.com/threads/diy-adding-turn-signal-lights-to-si-ex-side-mirrors.19619/

Ya.. I’ll have to find out from my dealer if drilling into door voids warranty.. if it does , I’m scrapping the idea of running 10 gauge speaker wire from amp directly to speakers..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anyone know if there are any spare harnesses and brackets etc for rear deck for the touring audio options? The wiring diagram may not include this?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Such as wiring for rear speakers and sub. Or space in bcm for sub amp if applicable. Sometimes harnesses for options are there anyway to reduce the amount of different body harnesses produced

·
Registered
180 Posts
I know the BCM and the radio have unused plugs on them and they are active. What those plugs are for is anyone's guess. Feel free to ask Honda, here is their reply. "Um I do not know, maybe ask your dealer." Also, here is your dealer's reply. "Um, I do not know, ask Honda." As for the actual wiring, nope. These guys are jerks and there are separate, unique harnesses for every trim level.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That sounds about right. Well someday the aftermarket world will catch up to this generation. Meantime I will take a close look at the rear deck for unused connectors in hopes of a factory look result.(the only way the wife would consider the upgrade)

·
Registered
180 Posts
I can probably get you part numbers for most connector and maybe the terminals inside. A lot of the larger connectors have unused spots that you can always add to. Probably what I am going to do when I get around to adding heated seats to m EX.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Insight Touring
709 Posts
That sounds about right. Well someday the aftermarket world will catch up to this generation. Meantime I will take a close look at the rear deck for unused connectors in hopes of a factory look result.(the only way the wife would consider the upgrade)
Are you just trying to add a sub to an EX model? If so are you trying to mount it on the rear deck or have it in the trunk?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah underseat subs to rear deck at factory speaker spots. Or perhaps non enclosure subs...been so long since I have seen ....infinite baffle???....subs that I forget what they are called

1 - 17 of 17 Posts