Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where I can find a diagram for the audio wiring harness to the speakers? I have never seen so many harnesses going into the back of the head unit. I can't tell which is which because Honda apparently likes to use the same color wires over and over. Any help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
646 Posts
Anybody know where I can find a diagram for the audio wiring harness to the speakers? I have never seen so many harnesses going into the back of the head unit. I can't tell which is which because Honda apparently likes to use the same color wires over and over. Any help is greatly appreciated
Try going to the parts counter of your dealer and see if they'll give you a copy of the back of the head unit on the parts ordering screen. This was how I was able to get the information on the wire outputs on the touring amp.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used my powerful(mwahaha) connections to obtain this official wiring schematic, used by Honda technicians. However I'm still trying to decipher it lol

Hope this helps a few peeps. maybe someone who understands this can simplify what all the wires in the audio speaker harness do? If I'm not mistaken there are a whooping 12 harnesses in the back of the 8" Audio Display unit.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lQ-aa86xk82P9rOdGoq5gx2fUFGXxdhQ?usp=sharing

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
338 Posts
Does anybody know if the Insight has a harness (that’s either on car side or door side) that holds all the wires from car to door and unplugs (to remove door quickly)?

I was talking to a tech at Best Buy car audio and he was telling me a lot of new cars have this. He was saying most likely my Insight has it and he would have to drill into it to run my thicker speaker wire (which would void warranty). I asked him if there was a way around it and he said no because it’s a harness that contains all the wiring going through door.

I guess the only way around it would be to drill into door and install a boot there (don’t even know if that voids warranty too).

·
Administrator
4,247 Posts
Does anybody know if the Insight has a harness (that’s either on car side or door side) that holds all the wires from car to door and unplugs (to remove door quickly)?
Yes, I think there's a bundled harness and quick disconnect (based on Insight being same platform as Civic).

I considered converting EX side mirrors to Touring version (with turn signal lights) and found the following Civic thread showing pictures of the door interior components. - https://www.civicx.com/threads/diy-adding-turn-signal-lights-to-si-ex-side-mirrors.19619/

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yes, I think there's a bundled harness and quick disconnect (based on Insight being same platform as Civic).

I considered converting EX side mirrors to Touring version (with turn signal lights) and found the following Civic thread showing pictures of the door interior components. - https://www.civicx.com/threads/diy-adding-turn-signal-lights-to-si-ex-side-mirrors.19619/

Ya.. I’ll have to find out from my dealer if drilling into door voids warranty.. if it does , I’m scrapping the idea of running 10 gauge speaker wire from amp directly to speakers..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts