Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What center speaker (size?)nis a good replacement using factory oem Honda amp?

Do they even sell single CENTER speaker?

·
Registered
642 Posts
I think the only good one to get for that area without paying a fortune and that can handle good volume is the the Kicker 3.5" KSC350. It should be nice and I use it in my current system now. Here's a video of the install if it helps at all. You will need a speaker wire adapter.

·
Registered
61 Posts
ThoseKicker KSC350 Speakers are rated at Continuous Power Handling 50 [Watts RMS] and the Sensitivity [1W, 1m] is rated at 88. This means they were meant to be used with lots of Amp power as 88 is a very low rating which won't give you much volume at all. How much did this cut the total volume of the Center Speaker as in can you actually still hear it without moving your Ears right up to it? It has a Silk Dome Tweeter which is smoother and more natural but I'm just curious about how much volume was lost. Or did you replace the Factory Amp with a more powerful aftermarket?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^
Wow, good thing I didn't replace the CENTER speaker.

What CENTER Speaker do you recommend for drop in replacement using FACTORY amplifier.

Im not changing the factory amp. Too complicated on the TOURING trim. I'm gonna change out only the front 6.5" Speakers via original thread recommendations of MATT (Rockford Fosgate)

·
Registered
642 Posts
ThoseKicker KSC350 Speakers are rated at Continuous Power Handling 50 [Watts RMS] and the Sensitivity [1W, 1m] is rated at 88. This means they were meant to be used with lots of Amp power as 88 is a very low rating which won't give you much volume at all. How much did this cut the total volume of the Center Speaker as in can you actually still hear it without moving your Ears right up to it? It has a Silk Dome Tweeter which is smoother and more natural but I'm just curious about how much volume was lost. Or did you replace the Factory Amp with a more powerful aftermarket?
It doesn't drop the volume down a bit as far as I can tell. It does smooth things down a bit but if you really want to calm down the screechiness you'll need to use a line converter on the speaker and a pro can calm it's nastiness down quite a bit. The kicker is a good replacement for that speaker and it's not particularly expensive. I did eventually bypass the factory amp for a good one, but the speaker sounded just fine before the amp changeover.

·
Registered
642 Posts
^
Wow, good thing I didn't replace the CENTER speaker.

What CENTER Speaker do you recommend for drop in replacement using FACTORY amplifier.

Im not changing the factory amp. Too complicated on the TOURING trim. I'm gonna change out only the front 6.5" Speakers via original thread recommendations of MATT (Rockford Fosgate)
I used the kicker with the factory amp and it works just fine.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It depends on what you trying to achieve with that Center Dash Speaker. If you trying to tame the harshness of the Tweeter, then definitely go with a Silk Dome Tweeter. If you want more or less loudness from that Speaker, then look at the Sensitivity rating of the Speaker. The higher the Sensitivity, the louder the Speaker will be at the same volume.

·
Registered
642 Posts
It depends on what you trying to achieve with that Center Dash Speaker. If you trying to tame the harshness of the Tweeter, then definitely go with a Silk Dome Tweeter. If you want more or less loudness from that Speaker, then look at the Sensitivity rating of the Speaker. The higher the Sensitivity, the louder the Speaker will be at the same volume.
The harshness of this system is extremely hard to tame if you like it loud. Silk domes do tend to help especially since whats under there now is basically a single driver without a tweeter. Line lever converters can be used on the center channel to cut it's shrilliness down a bit.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I don't have "equalizer" on SPOTIFY? It's soo wierd
One last thing RC be careful about the tweeters in the Touring. Mine were originally wired out of phase by the factory. This is common in metal tweeters and you'll want to test this before putting on your new tweeters. If they're silk domes then you want the speakers back in phase.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts