Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

Stereo Upgrade - How to remove Infotainment and ANC

11K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  tyson 
#1 ·
Hey yall,

I been experimenting with my 2019 Insight, I finally discover how to remove the stock infotainment and have added an amp and added all 4 kicker speakers and added some tweeters to my sound system it really sounds great now...

Here's some how to videos I made hopefully it help some of you out.

#4 ·
Still using the stock head unit, because its a Hybrid you can't just switch out to some aftermarket because out Infotainment reads allot of what the ECU reads and calculate MPG, The only thing I did was swapping out the stock speakers with Kicker 6.5 inch speakers and adding some tweeters which I just tab into the stock speaker wiring.

Did the same thing for the Subwoofer tab into factory wiring for power and speakers wires, not running a powerful sub so factory power supply is good enough.

#5 ·
I end up switching out with Kickers 6.5 inch don't get the 6 3/4 as the size from Civic it won't fit... I got this from Best Buy KICKER - CS Series 6-1/2" 2-Way Car Speakers with Polypropylene Cones (Pair) - Black Model:43CSC654 SKU:5678403, also added Power Accoustics tweeters both front and rear also added Bazooka 10 inch subwoofer with build in amp, now it sounds 10 times better now with what I have done over the stock speakers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.