Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy pointed out I could buy a visor clip sunglasses holder on Amazon for $10. Does the trick so far.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Great idea! I read about people putting it in the phone area (it has one, right?). Or, was that for the Prius?!
It has one. But then where do you put your phone? I use the sliding tray in the center console, but I’m not sure every trim level has one.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It has one. But then where do you put your phone? I use the sliding tray in the center console, but I’m not sure every trim level has one.
I sacrifice part of my vent and use a magnetic phone holder. Because of the infotainment system I have to put the magnet all the way at the bottom of the phone but its been stable and I can still access the home button on the phone and even plug it in to the charger.

Putting the phone in the tray is just another of Insight’s “Big Brother” ways of keeping a driver on the straight and narrow....like making it hard to change lanes without signaling. Hahah

·
Registered
74 Posts
Great idea! I read about people putting it in the phone area (it has one, right?). Or, was that for the Prius?!
If you mean that rectangle tray I think it’s only on theTouring trim. I had to order that from a Honda parts dealer for my EX. Either they didn’t have them or my dealer may have taken it out to sell a Civic that didn’t have one. At any rate was just $20 and 2 days to wait for UPS.

·
Super Moderator
2,700 Posts
Sunglass holder solution.
:D

BTW make sure the steering wheel isn't too close to your body.

"It takes just a blink of an eye for airbags to be deployed at full force to protect you in a crash, and the IIHS now has a set target for people sitting in the driver seat.

“To be fully protected from an airbag in a crash, we recommend that you stay at least 10 inches away from the steering wheel,” Becky Mueller, a research engineer with the IIHS, said.

That’s roughly the distance between your wrist and elbow. Anything within 3 inches of that could enhance the risk of injuries to your upper body.

“People can certainly be injured by airbags or sustain abrasions, but they can also bottom out an airbag which means just go through it and hit the steering wheel,” Dr. Thomas Hartka, an assistant professor of emergency medicine with the University of Virginia Health System, said. “And a lot of times it’s hard to differentiate whether an injury was from the airbag or from the steering wheel underneath.”

Reactions: xchino36

·
Super Moderator
4,088 Posts
Why would you mount it on the Passenger Side?
It can be mounted at any of the 4 "grab handle" locations. My guess (?) is that Verdier uses the drivers side grab handle and wanted to preserve its functionality (OR really likes his passengers), so mounted the sunglasses holder on passenger side instead.

·
Registered
642 Posts
It can be mounted at any of the 4 "grab handle" locations. My guess (?) is that Verdier uses the drivers side grab handle and wanted to preserve its functionality (OR really likes his passengers), so mounted the sunglasses holder on passenger side instead.
Actually for those who watched the whole video I gave it away at the end of the video. I do that sometimes just to see who's really watching. Either way, I really didn't need it and I was just curious how it worked and wanted to show a video for those who might be interested.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Verdier from YouTube.

Thanks for the Video. I ordered mine and there were no instructions. They changed it slightly but your video made it way less daunting. You are right, the clip covers on the handles are a pain in the ass to get off. I don't know how you could remove them without scuffing the plastic.

Thanks Again!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got a console from EBAY from an Accord with storage built in. I was hoping I had enough space to install it but my moonroof frame is too close. I thought about trimming part of the plastic frame but it looks like it is a part of a drain system for the roof if water ever got in. I would like to see someone without mooroof install this. I am so disappointed I can't use this console. I'm in OC in California, if anyone wants to try it. Headliner will have to be cut obviously.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Thanks for the Video. I ordered mine and there were no instructions. They changed it slightly but your video made it way less daunting. You are right, the clip covers on the handles are a pain in the ass to get off. I don't know how you could remove them without scuffing the plastic.

Thanks Again!!!
No problem. I was never able to originally get them off. In the end I went to my local dealer and one of the mechanics struggled for 5 minutes and finally got it out. After that they were relatively easy to remove.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah, that Accord roof panel looks considerably bigger then the factory Insight one. I'm pretty sure someone on here can figure out hot to get it to work but, with some modifications of course lol...

I got a console from EBAY from an Accord with storage built in. I was hoping I had enough space to install it but my moonroof frame is too close. I thought about trimming part of the plastic frame but it looks like it is a part of a drain system for the roof if water ever got in. I would like to see someone without mooroof install this. I am so disappointed I can't use this console. I'm in OC in California, if anyone wants to try it. Headliner will have to be cut obviously. View attachment 5460 View attachment 5461 View attachment 5462 View attachment 5463

Thanks Again!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah, that Accord roof panel looks considerably bigger then the factory Insight one. I'm pretty sure someone on here can figure out hot to get it to work but, with some modifications of course lol...
It will have to be one without a moonroof to have enough space.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts