Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When attempting to perform a system update on my 2019 Insight EX, I get a message that says “updating app settings”. It doesn’t go away and doesn’t appear to clear it any point. Anybody else have this issue? What’s the resolution?

·
Super Moderator
3,319 Posts
System updates can be done via Wi-Fi connection or USB device. Which option are you using? If you're using Wi-Fi but have something plugged into USB, does removing the USB help?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can’t even reach the option for WiFi or USB, because it hangs at the first step, but I’ll try to do it without the USB connected.

·
Super Moderator
3,319 Posts
I don't think it's related to trim level, because the same instructions are listed for LX/EX/Touring. The error message seems odd because it mentions app settings. Before trying an update again, are you able to go thru each app and see if one might be stuck or not working properly? Maybe checking each app function will help identify what's causing the hang-up.

If it's any consolation, you car probably doesn't need updates yet. The image you posted doesn't show the highlighted icon (see attached picture) nor "Software Update Ready to Install" message. These are the two things the training video says will appear when update is needed.

youtube.com/watch?v=IrOL9aU9TfQ

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all your input, but I still have the same message hanging on the screen when I hit system update. I just got this Insight, so I guess I’ll have to bring it back to the dealer and see what they can do with it. I’ll let you know what I find out

·
Super Moderator
3,319 Posts
Thanks for all your input, but I still have the same message hanging on the screen when I hit system update. I just got this Insight, so I guess I’ll have to bring it back to the dealer and see what they can do with it. I’ll let you know what I find out
This made me think of a quote I saw earlier today: "Honda is now a software company that happens to make cars." :smile_big:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, I lost my Satellite radio presets and some vehicle preferences, but not all. I don’t know why some changes and others didn’t (my auto high beam setting reset, but not my door lock preferences). It was all worth it to finally get the system update issue resolved.

I love my insight, but my only remaining gripe, is the fact that mph is not displayed. Hopefully Honda will come up with some type of firmware update to resolve that issue.

·
Registered
74 Posts
What is the issue with MPH? It is not displayed in the driver section?

Yes, I lost my Satellite radio presets and some vehicle preferences, but not all. I don’t know why some changes and others didn’t (my auto high beam setting reset, but not my door lock preferences). It was all worth it to finally get the system update issue resolved.

I love my insight, but my only remaining gripe, is the fact that mph is not displayed. Hopefully Honda will come up with some type of firmware update to resolve that issue.

·
Super Moderator
3,319 Posts
Yes, and why would you not provide MPH in the United States and only KPH?
I think it's the way Honda intended to address "cross border" mileage conversion reading for those of us that drive to Canada, rather than including KPH on the speedometer. They probably didn't take into consideration that the digital indicator would be helpful for more than just short term conversion.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts