Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm pretty sure I want to get an Insight, but figured I ought to test drive first.

I've tried all the dealers near me (Mississauga through Kitchener) and no one has 'em in stock to try. I realize they're not high volume, but I gotta think they're selling at least couple dozen a month in the GTA, so I figure someone must have 'em.

Anybody in the GTA know where I should look?

·
Super Moderator
3,328 Posts
In the US, dealer websites usually have a link to their "new inventory" which is semi accurate (i.e. some inventory is listed for inbound cars that are not yet on dealer lot, or some delay in taking down sold cars). The posted inventory info usually includes VIN and specs.

Not sure if the same is available in Canada (?), but I did a quick check on the Sisley Honda and it didn't look like any Insight inventory was listed. Since the number of Insights in Canada inventory is limited, it may be best to call a dealer, schedule appointment, and have them advise or locate an Insight for you to drive. They may steer you toward an Accord Hybrid instead, but stick to your guns because the size and engine are a different feel from the Insight.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Unfortunately in Canada they don't have that link that says how many they have on the lot. You pick a dealer and scroll through their website to see if they have any.When I bought my Insight last March I scoured a lot of dealers and ran into the same problem--no inventory. When I finally found one that had an Insight I went and took it for a test drive. They had one in red but I didn't want red so I started calling dealers rather than just looking online. I found that there were more out there. It seems some dealers just don't advertise that they have any on their lot. I don't know if they are selling a couple of dozen in the GTA. They only sold 560 in Canada for model year 2019 so they are kind of scarce. In the 6 months I have had mine I have yet to see one on the road and have only ever seen one at a dealership in Newmarket. I think if you call some dealers they may be able to help you. I just checked Pickering Honda and they say they have 3 of them https://www.pickeringhonda.com/new/Insight.html

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, dealers have literally been booking me for test drives, then calling me back a few hours later to tell me "oops, we don't have the vehicle for a test drive".

I'll give Sisley a try, and a few other dealers in the core of the city. I figure they probably sell best in the more Urban areas.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I got mine at Stouffville Honda. They did a swap with another dealer in Toronto. I'm pretty sure there may be the odd 2019 around or possibly some 2020's

·
Registered
31 Posts
So, I'm pretty sure I want to get an Insight, but figured I ought to test drive first.

I've tried all the dealers near me (Mississauga through Kitchener) and no one has 'em in stock to try. I realize they're not high volume, but I gotta think they're selling at least couple dozen a month in the GTA, so I figure someone must have 'em.

Anybody in the GTA know where I should look?

Are you looking for 2019 or 2020? I bought my 2019 from Brantford. Here's a list of other dealers that had in stock:
Family Honda
Georgetown Honda
Listowel Honda
Midtown Honda
Hamilton Honda
Markham Honda

I priced mine at 2% over dealer cost with Markham and price matched with Brantford. Ping me and I can provide you with my pricing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a follow up. I gave up finding one in stock to test (although actually I did eventually find a 2019 touring). I think part of my issue was timing, 2019s are pretty much all gone, and 2020s haven't arrived in any meaningful numbers.

What was really bonkers was that my local dealership quoted 6-8 months to order one, most said 3-4 months, and one on kitguy's list that I'd somehow missed was able to get one ordered for me for delivery in a week, so I've been happily driving it for the last two weeks.

So, thanks Kitguy.

Still haven't seen a single other one on the road though, kinda weird after driving a cavalier and an outback which were always everywhere. Hope it won't be problem finding mechanics and parts.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have been driving mine since last May and have seen just one in all that time. That is in the Thornhill area, (Bathurst and Steeles), but in my area you have to keep your eyes on traffic so I might have missed something while avoiding all of those "entitled" drivers who consider me as something to push off the road and into some piece of never ending road construction.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got mine at London Honda. Only had the one on the lot. 2019 touring. Hoping to see another on the road. Generally drive in the Vaughn area .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts