Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard it is being rolled out -- new interface with dark mode (YAY!).

How can we get it for our Insights? When? Anybody got theirs yet?

Thanks.

·
Registered
205 Posts
How do I update to the NEW ANDROID AUTO? I don't see it on my Google Play Store updates?

Can I manually update it?
Thanks, this is great news

·
Registered
836 Posts
How do I update to the NEW ANDROID AUTO? I don't see it on my Google Play Store updates?

Can I manually update it?
Thanks, this is great news
When Google decides to roll it out to you, it'll just show up as an update, like you would update any other app, with any major update, google seems to employ a regional type of roll-out strategy. Whether it's to alleviate server stress, or another reason. Silly google (or Apple), we want our updates now.

·
Super Moderator
2,700 Posts
I received the Android Auto Play Store update today but still waiting on the server side update to give me the option to turn it on...

·
Super Moderator
2,700 Posts
Finally got the server side update giving me the option to turn on the new Android Auto interface.

Things I noticed with the new update.

• Small black border similar to CarPlay(iOS 13). I'm not sure why Apple/Google changed this from previous Android Auto/CarPlay.
  • Waze's turn by turn info box too close to the bottom nav bar compared to google maps.
  • Settings app forces you to use the phone to change settings.
  • New phone app.
  • I like the new notification center (bell icon).
  • Google Maps/Waze will auto-launch upon plugging in your phone.
The new Android Auto redesign is essentially CarPlay but still feels like a work in progress though.

After using both(CarPlay/Android Auto) for a couple of months. I prefer Waze on CarPlay and Google Maps on Android Auto.

Waze

• Speedometer location and visibility is slightly better on CarPlay.
  • User interface is better on CarPlay.
  • Reporting traffic, police, and hazards is better on CarPlay with some actions requiring fewer taps than on Android Auto.
Google Maps

• I prefer Google Maps on Android Auto mainly due to 2 exclusive features. Turn by turn arrows on the DII and being able to utilize the vehicle GPS instead of phone GPS.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got my rollout of the new Android Auto -- need to play with it a few days more -- but so far I really do like the dark theme.

So far so good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts