Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Insight Touring
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I got in my car and the warning came on to tighten the fuel cap. I hadn't filled up for over a week, so I thought this was odd. But sure enough, I popped the door and the cap was just hanging there. I had an oil change yesterday, so they may have removed it as part of an inspection? I still have the same half a tank left and the same estimated range left, so it doesn't look like I've lost fuel. I tightened it back one with three clicks and turned the car back on. The light was still on. I tried clearing the warning, but it popped right back up. I drove to work and powered the car off and back on again. It's still there. I've checked the cap again and it's still tight. Does anyone know how to clear this?

·
Registered
836 Posts
It will most likely clear itself over the next day or two of driving. The car will have to pass a certain number of test cycles before it will clear the light, not a big deal at all, just annoying.

·
Registered
2019 Insight Touring
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will most likely clear itself over the next day or two of driving. The car will have to pass a certain number of test cycles before it will clear the light, not a big deal at all, just annoying.
Thanks! I wasn't sure if it should clear immediately or not. I haven't had a warning on this car yet other than low fuel (which resolves itself as soon as you get more gas). I'll give it a few days.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,326 Posts
But sure enough, I popped the door and the cap was just hanging there. I had an oil change yesterday, so they may have removed it as part of an inspection?
I would ask them about it and why they forgot to screw the fuel cap back on. If they forgot to do that what else could they've forgot...

·
Registered
2019 Insight Touring
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would ask them about it and why they forgot to screw the fuel cap back on. If they forgot to do that what else could they've forgot...
I did call them and asked about it. They said part of the A1 service was a fuel additive, and he said he would talk to the technician about it. It's a minor mistake, but still concerning enough that I will see if there are other dealerships in the area to do future service. Everything else seems fine so far.

·
Super Moderator
3,306 Posts
I did call them and asked about it. They said part of the A1 service was a fuel additive, and he said he would talk to the technician about it. It's a minor mistake, but still concerning enough that I will see if there are other dealerships in the area to do future service. Everything else seems fine so far.
Hmm... haven't seen a fuel additive listed as part of A1 service on my invoice. Is there something extra related to this fuel additive noted on yours?

·
Registered
2019 Insight Touring
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm... haven't seen a fuel additive listed as part of A1 service on my invoice. Is there something extra related to this fuel additive noted on yours?
It's listed as fuel treatment in the parts on my invoice. Maybe it's a per dealership thing?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,326 Posts
It's listed as fuel treatment in the parts on my invoice. Maybe it's a per dealership thing?
The Honda A1 maintenance schedule for the Insight is oil change and rotate tires only.

Your dealership didn't need to add fuel additives into your gas tank.

·
Super Moderator
3,306 Posts
Maybe they've gotten feedback about mpg dropping after oil changes... or want you to think their oil changes are 'magic' so you keep coming back. Did they charge you for it, or was free/packaged with oil change?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts