Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We used Llumar FormulaOne Pinnacle Ceramic with 15% on the sides and rear. 50% on the windshield.

I’ll take some more photos to post once the tints fully cured as these pictures were taken immediately after the install and they will get a little bit darker once completely dry.

The guys at Music City Tint are as professional as they come as evidenced by the brand new Porsche GT3 I parked next to when arriving.

They’re a Llumar FormulaOne dealer which basically means they’ve met the strictest criteria outlined for their premium product line. Brett Horne over there let me get a deep dive into their equipment used which of course includes a professional plotter that cuts the tint specifically for the vehicle being worked on (they had 2020 exotics already loaded into their suppliers database and I’m assuming they get the glass info from the manufacturer as they have info that shouldn’t be public yet) so “all they’re doing” is shrinking the tint and then applying.

They removed the top of all the door panels to ensure the window sweeps weren’t damaged, went past the brake light without removing anything, and legit had me in and out in 1 hour (there were 3 of them on the car the entire time).

The shop was immaculate as you’d assume any place who does work on super exotics would be and I couldn’t have been more impressed by either their work bay or their professionalism. If you live in Middle Tennessee they should be your only option for tint.

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
What does a job like this run at? I've always been interested in tinting. It's a sharp look.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends on how fancy/nice you want your tint and how many legit (reputable) tint shops there are in your area.

Basic tint for our cars should run around $250-$300. If you want ceramic (better heat rejection) you can double that number most places because materials are more expensive and more importantly the better shops are going to be pricier because you really do get what you pay for.

With ceramic you’re almost always going to tint the front windshield because there’s no point in paying for the more expensive stuff if you’re leaving the largest price of glass without any protection. Usually most shops are going to do a very light (imperceptible) tint percentage on the windshield because of local laws.

Only reason I went so dark is because tints just not an issue in the south for the most part.

·
Registered
70 Posts
How is visibility at nighttime with such dark tints on the windshield? I'll bet that it drastically reduces temperature in the cabin during the day.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How is visibility at nighttime with such dark tints on the windshield? I'll bet that it drastically reduces temperature in the cabin during the day.
Doesn’t affect nighttime visibility at all or to any degree anyone would notice. Keep in mind 50% is still incredibly light as far as tint is concerned. This tint in particular is designed to cut down on nighttime headlight glare as well. The past three cars of mine (I’m in a new car every 18 months) have all had ceramic tint for both better visibility during the day and night, and the reduction of being blinded by the oncoming traffic’s headlights is something every passenger notices.

It’s getting cold here now so I’m not seeing the heat reduction benefits of the Llumar FormulaOne Pinnacle yet, but with my last car you could barely feel the heat through the windshield on a bright 98 degree August afternoon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts