Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody out there has jacked up the car on one whole side, in other words 2 floor jacks one in front one in back to angle the car to do both tires at the same time. Someone told me it puts too much pressure on the suspension on the opposite side of the car. Anybody know if this is true or anybody I’ve done this thank you .

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've done that...1 floor jack front, 1 in rear, same side. I've even gone so far as to just jack up the LF high enough so that the LR comes off the ground.
Now whether that stresses anything in the suspension I don't think so but stressing the body might be another concern.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've done that...1 floor jack front, 1 in rear, same side. I've even gone so far as to just jack up the LF high enough so that the LR comes off the ground.
Now whether that stresses anything in the suspension I don't think so but stressing the body might be another concern.
At dealership today and they didn’t know the answer either but the guy did say it would put a lot of pressure on the joints of the front end and being this is an electric car that might do something to the axles so I’m not gonna chance it I rather pay the 20 bucks and get them rotated myself and get the worry out thank you

·
Registered
356 Posts
I’ve done it, specifically to rotate the tires. It doesn’t hurt the car in any way. But, in the grand scheme of things, it only saves a few bucks so it’s not really worth the hassle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts