Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here, just got the 2020 Insight Touring Christmas Eve. Not thrilled with the center channel front speaker. Way louder then the front doors. Noticed alerts and phone sounds come out of it, so looks like can't disable. Speak will be changed out. Current stereo sound controls don't allow to lower that volume separate than the fader that controls all. Theres got to be a way around that. I did come across Honda Hack but seems it wont work on this. My other option is doing a sound processor and getting a 6 channel amp. Also why does SiriusXM play primarily out of that speaker? Again I just want to lower the sound of the middle front channel. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,347 Posts
New here, just got the 2020 Insight Touring Christmas Eve. Not thrilled with the center channel front speaker. Way louder then the front doors. Noticed alerts and phone sounds come out of it, so looks like can't disable. Speak will be changed out. Current stereo sound controls don't allow to lower that volume separate than the fader that controls all. Theres got to be a way around that. I did come across Honda Hack but seems it wont work on this. My other option is doing a sound processor and getting a 6 channel amp. Also why does SiriusXM play primarily out of that speaker? Again I just want to lower the sound of the middle front channel. Any ideas?
I own the EX trim but it's a common complaint on the Touring about the premium sound system being the opposite of premium...
https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/290-2019-honda-insight-user-interface/200-audio-system-touring.html

@Verdier owns the Touring trim and has done sound system upgrades to his car. Maybe he will drop in here and give you some advice.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Insight!

·
Registered
559 Posts
As a first step to keep prices down you can use a line level converter on the speaker to mellow it out. If that's not enough the only thing I found to really work was to get a DSP and redesign the music away from Honda's abysmal DSP settings. Some also found playing the music from their phones and using a equalizer built into their music apps helped mellow the screetchy Honda system. You can reach me at [email protected] and if you wish I'm also willing to talk on the phone if you need more information. I also have videos on YouTube called the stereo Chronicles which tell you my story and all I had to do to tame this obnoxious system the channel is called verdier400.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts