Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just purchased a 2022 Honda Insight EX (silver with black interior). I really want a leather wrapped steering wheel. Would the steering wheel from a Honda Insight Touring fit the EX? Would it be a direct swap? Any issues with doing this?

Thank you!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm not sure if there is any coding required. It might not trip the air bag light if you remove the battery before swapping.

Another option others have had success with:

·
Registered
2021 Honda Insight EX - Platinum White Pearl
78 Posts
Hello,

I just purchased a 2022 Honda Insight EX (silver with black interior). I really want a leather wrapped steering wheel. Would the steering wheel from a Honda Insight Touring fit the EX? Would it be a direct swap? Any issues with doing this?

Thank you!
Yes, others have installed the heated leather wheel from a Touring Accord in their Insight EX. The Touring Accord wheel may be easier to find than the Touring Insight wheel. There is a plug under the dashboard for the heated steering wheel function. 3rd Gen Honda Insight | Facebook

Another thread about this install. Heated Steering Wheel

Official Honda heated steering wheel installation instructions. https://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/accord/2020/heatedsteeringwheel.pdf

1 - 3 of 3 Posts