Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, do you have any idea where I can check trade-in values for the Insight? KBB, NADA and Black Book has no info yet, and sadly I am not completely happy with my car and want to trade in but take the smallest hit possible. Thank you for any information you can provide. (I drive a Touring model).

·
Registered
312 Posts
Are you looking at another Honda, or a different make? You could call around to Honda dealerships too. Mine already offered to buy mine back, and I only bought in September. (We didn’t talk prices.)

I was reading the Accord hybrid forum, where a guy traded in his 2018 gas Accord for a 2019 hybrid accord. He said he paid $5000 on top of the trade and that the MSRP difference between the two Accords was $2000. So he ate $3000.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
may I ask why you're not happy? What was your previous car? Did you have any hybrid car experience before. Try Carmax maybe?
This is my first hybrid, I love the interior and exterior of the car but there are some vibrations in the driver's door and passenger's door that my dealer say they can't replicate and they are driving me crazy, also the engine roar sometimes gets obnoxious, I should of research a little bit more, or test drive it several times. Honestly, if I could put my civic's engine in this car, it would be perfect!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Gotcha! Vibrations must be very annoying, and they should be looking into more and try to fix it, cause I don't have it on my brand new Insight. In terms of the engine roar, it depends on the driving habit I'd say, it's still a very quiet car to be honest, when you turn on the engine, or driving at a lower speed, car makes this almost musical sound inside which is just seamless! However, when you try to accelerate and push the gas really hard (not floor but hard), then of course it makes the sound, and every car would make that sound honestly, think about any other only-gas powered car, when you try to accelerate faster, they do make the engine sound, it's just a matter of the type of the sound that may bother you because hybrid makes it more like a vacuum cleaner sound whereas the gas engine makes more powerful sound :)

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX
1,064 Posts
Vibration from both doors is odd. I've put my key fob (with a carabiner) in the driver's door pull, and it took me a while to figure out hat was that cause of the rattle. Driving this Insight requires thinking ahead - when to use sport mode to build battery before a hill, use of regen paddles, etc. If you "punch it" for a hill on the highway, it's going to scream. I drive it and play games to see what I can do better. With that said, it requires some concentration and planning ahead to get the results you desire (quiet with good mpg numbers). Unfortunately, the Insight isn't for everyone. If you drive it like a gas-only car, you may be disappointed. I was very happy during the summer while hitting 65+mpg on some drives. Winter has brought be back to reality somewhat. I'm still doing better than an ICE car, but, man, I can't wait for the warmer temperatures again! All-in-all, I consider myself lucky. I have a commute that is in the sweet spot for the Insight - 50 miles each way with speeds between 40-50 MPH mostly on low-traffic farm roads. If I worked five miles from home, I would likely be disappointed with the results.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you live in an area with hills? I'm about to test drive an Insight Touring for a possible spring purchase but I live 6 miles from work in Chicago-land so no hills here. I need to floor it or get on the highway or something to hear the engine noise for myself. Although now I'm researching the Kona Electric too but a pure EV makes me nervous although I probably wouldn't hit it's limit but three times a year and I could take the wife's car then.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gotcha! Vibrations must be very annoying, and they should be looking into more and try to fix it, cause I don't have it on my brand new Insight. In terms of the engine roar, it depends on the driving habit I'd say, it's still a very quiet car to be honest, when you turn on the engine, or driving at a lower speed, car makes this almost musical sound inside which is just seamless! However, when you try to accelerate and push the gas really hard (not floor but hard), then of course it makes the sound, and every car would make that sound honestly, think about any other only-gas powered car, when you try to accelerate faster, they do make the engine sound, it's just a matter of the type of the sound that may bother you because hybrid makes it more like a vacuum cleaner sound whereas the gas engine makes more powerful sound [img= class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Yes, vibrations are such a turn off, but we will see, I will wait for a few month until I can have a better reference about the trade in values from KBB or NADA.. thanks for you input 🙂

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you live in an area with hills? I'm about to test drive an Insight Touring for a possible spring purchase but I live 6 miles from work in Chicago-land so no hills here. I need to floor it or get on the highway or something to hear the engine noise for myself. Although now I'm researching the Kona Electric too but a pure EV makes me nervous although I probably wouldn't hit it's limit but three times a year and I could take the wife's car then.
No hills at all in my area ( I live in Tampa, FL, everything is flat here haha) but I’ve read that when using the Insight on a hill it struggles to pick up (using the sport mode should help with this)

·
Registered
3 Posts
no hope

Sold My new insight, 2 mo. old, lost 4k on the 2 mo..too many issues on this model , went to a HRV no TURBO, many problems on turbo... like the HRV owned 3 crv's , little big for me ,,, will be leaving this site....... GOOD LUCK

·
Super Moderator
3,314 Posts
Sold My new insight, 2 mo. old, lost 4k on the 2 mo..too many issues on this model , went to a HRV no TURBO, many problems on turbo... like the HRV owned 3 crv's , little big for me ,,, will be leaving this site....... GOOD LUCK
What issues did you encounter and/or were too many to live with on the Insight?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I took 20k trade in on a new HRV, my insight was 2mo. old.. better take a loss now than later, engine races like clutch slipping, too many problems on this car

Additional comments:
I didn't like the slipping tranny, going up hill engine races but car has no power, brakes make loud sounds woa-woa kinds of a sound, Only 44 mpg, thats ok cause I live up a hill... more dislikes than likes, I like the looks, just seen the old insight the ugly one, can't see it still running, looks like 70's... Don't get me wrong I love my Honda's but new turbo & Hybrid's got too many bugs to work out....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts