Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2. The sides of rear seats where the seat belts lay on are hard-touch plastic and feels cheap. Not to mention that seat belt buckle could rattle on it.
3. Uneven trunk panel gap. I tried adjusting the rubber knobs but no success.
Thank you!
Yeah, I didn't like that area being plastic either. I usually go back there and reset the seatbelts to rest on the top instead of on the slanted plastic area. I don't get rattles with this solution. Can you provide a pic of the trunk panel gap?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yeah, I didn't like that area being plastic either. I usually go back there and reset the seatbelts to rest on the top instead of on the slanted plastic area. I don't get rattles with this solution. Can you provide a pic of the trunk panel gap?
Hey Andrew28, here is the picture of the trunk panel gap. It is more obvious from the angle I took (only on right side), one time my girlfriend thought that the trunk was left open. Other than that it looks okay.

I was slightly worried that it was from any undisclosed rear-end damage from the dealer. But every other panel looks perfect, and there is a VIN sticker on the trunk lid. So that cured my worries right away.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey Andrew28, here is the picture of the trunk panel gap. It is more obvious from the angle I took (only on right side), one time my girlfriend thought that the trunk was left open. Other than that it looks okay.

I was slightly worried that it was from any undisclosed rear-end damage from the dealer. But every other panel looks perfect, and there is a VIN sticker on the trunk lid. So that cured my worries right away.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Honda Insight Touring
719 Posts

Yeah there are a lot of panel gap issues on insights. I ended up doing a video on it and I have to say exterior fit and finish on the insight in this regard is disappointing. You are definitely not alone on this!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Hmm... Going to check my Insight's trunk tomorrow and report back.
The washer fluid fill neck design is completely at odds with what appears to be a generally well sorted and perfectly good looking car that seems capable of providing years of service. I imagine the designer of that atrocity has found new work in the corporate art field by now.
I noticed the Tesla Model 3 has a similar odd location and design.

Attachments

·
Administrator
4,838 Posts

The following thread was to address looseness in trunk, hood, or door areas, but the stopper adjustment may help with the visual appearance/alignment of the trunk as well. - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/3...nk-hood-door-gaps-might-fix-your-problem.html.

And this trunk gap is one of the fit and finish observations you can commiserate with us on here :( - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/313-exterior/2470-fit-finish.html

That the trunk doesn't 'pop' up when open on the Insight can get confounded with the gap appearance of the trunk. There's a hydraulic solution suggested here, but I just wish Honda would've kept their older design that sprung/lifted the trunk when open - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/3...es-dislikes/3644-10k-mile-review-2019-lx.html

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I've a similar gap as yours but on the driver side.

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
I hadn't really noticed this before, and if I had didn't think much of it until my co-worker asked me if something was done to my trunk. Can anyone tell me if they have the same issue with alignment - pictures below.

Both sides are perfectly off by the same amount.. How hard would it be to fix this or is it normal?

·
Registered
2019 Honda Insight Touring
719 Posts
Yeah my Insight has a lot of panel gap issues too. The Insight has a rather mediocre fit and finish as far as that goes. I wonder how much it has improved over the last 2 model years?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts