Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was impressed with the speed in which my dealer was able to acquire the all weather floor mats and rear spoiler. We bought the car on a Saturday. Parts were ordered Monday, in stock on Wednesday, and installed on Friday. Considering it took my insurance company a week to get the car in their system, the speed of getting these parts was impressive.

All weather floor mats fit perfectly! Highly suggested if you live where there is weather (Seattle area here)

Spoiler looks fantastic! It has a brake light integrated into it and it really sets off the look of the car! I will say, the pictures in the website do not really show the spoiler in its proper detail. It has black "wings" on the ends. Would really look good on White Orchid Pearl cars. Not super noticeable on Cosmic Blue.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do you have pictures of the spoiler on your car? My Touring's in the Orchid White Pearl and I've been on the fence about whether it'd look good or not.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have pictures of the spoiler on your car? My Touring's in the Orchid White Pearl and I've been on the fence about whether it'd look good or not.
See attached. I went to the Honda sight and built one in your color and took some screen shots as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Looks awesome. I’m thinking about getting one now. Probably a dumb question but does it impact rear view mirror visibility any? Can you get a photo of that view maybe?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks awesome. I’m thinking about getting one now. Probably a dumb question but does it impact rear view mirror visibility any? Can you get a photo of that view maybe?
Not a dumb question at all. I can't get a good picture but it does take up a bit of space n the rear view. Not a terrible amount, but enough to know wit's there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can someone link me to where to find these spoiler parts? I didn't know they already had aftermarket parts for the insight

·
Registered
74 Posts
Not a dumb question at all. I can't get a good picture but it does take up a bit of space n the rear view. Not a terrible amount, but enough to know wit's there.
Thanks. I figured it would be the case no worries. I know the break light blocks some rearview already as is but a spoiler would look so cool! I’m debating between adding the spoiler or fog lights to my EX. Decisions decisions ... aesthetics vs a more practical/useful add-on.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Anyone else see the optional Insight spoiler? It adds nothing to the look of the Insight but I've only seen pictures. It's a flying wing type. It's the 1970s ... again. Maybe it gets you more mpg..

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anyone else see the optional Insight spoiler? It adds nothing to the look of the Insight but I've only seen pictures. It's a flying wing type. It's the 1970s ... again. Maybe it gets you more mpg..
I personally think it made a big difference in looks. But that is subjective...

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
I personally think it made a big difference in looks. But that is subjective...
It looks really good on your cosmic blue and other colors but I’m having a hard time being interested in one for my white after seeing it in my dealers showroom.

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
The black contrasting on white is fairly harsh, and changes how the spoiler looks overall. I agree it looks better on cosmic blue, where the black actually enhances the appearance.

I kind of like it on lunar silver. What does it cost to have a dealer install? Just curious. I probably won't get it; spoilers aren't me.

·
Registered
25 Posts

Spoiler get you more mileage? Sorry, that's not what spoilers do. Spoilers spoil lift. That's why they are called spoilers. The cross-section of a car is shaped rather like an airplane wing, which, as we all know, is an airfoil. Air traveling underneath the car takes a straight line, but over the car, it must follow the curves and take a longer route. It spreads out, and the molecules are further apart. Hence, the air pressure above the car is lower than below. That creates lift. The spoiler deflects the air stream to create a downward force and counteract the lift. Realistically, none of this makes the slightest difference below about 90 mph.

The Porsche Boxsters in production since 2013 have spoilers that automatically pop out from their bodies at speeds above 105 mph. The spoilers you see on cars driving around town are really only doing one thing: Spoiling the looks (IMHO).

·
Registered
431 Posts
Trunk Spoiler (yay or nay?)

What do you all think of it?

I think it looks pretty nice.. i was walking my dog this morning and walked passed a late model Camry that looked like it had an exterior Sport package.. the car was white but the roof and rear trunk spoiler were black..

I was thinking about maybe getting the trunk spoiler and vinyl wrapping it carbon fiber and getting my roof wrapped in gloss black..

pic:

Attachments

·
Administrator
4,838 Posts
Trunk Spoiler (yay or nay?)
What do you all think of it?

I think it looks pretty nice.. i was walking my dog this morning and walked passed a late model Camry that looked like it had an exterior Sport package.. the car was white but the roof and rear trunk spoiler were black..

I was thinking about maybe getting the trunk spoiler and vinyl wrapping it carbon fiber and getting my roof wrapped in gloss black..
I'm more of a 'purist' and like the car as-is, but it's nice that the US spoiler has an integrated brake light. It makes the car look more visible when stopping.

Some preceding pictures and discussion of installed spoilers are here:
https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/564-2019-honda-insight-accessories-add-ons/74-oem-accessories.html
https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/22-2019-honda-insight-photos-videos/72-spoiler-tint-wheels-3.html

There's also an OEM spoiler part for the Japanese Insight which is flatter profiled and without brake light - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/2...ppreciate-how-beautiful-japanese-insight.html

1 - 17 of 17 Posts