Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another minor annoyance I have had is when I try to close the trunk. Instead of staying closed, it will pop open and beep three (I think) times. I'll try to close it a few more times and this will continue to happen until it finally takes. Anyone experience this?

·
Super Moderator
2,712 Posts
Another minor annoyance I have had is when I try to close the trunk. Instead of staying closed, it will pop open and beep three (I think) times. I'll try to close it a few more times and this will continue to happen until it finally takes. Anyone experience this?
And from experience I can tell you the trunk won’t close with a key in it. I couldn’t figure out why I couldn’t get it closed and my wife remembered her key was in a bag she had just put in the trunk.
^Could this be it? Usually the 3 beeps mean your key fob is somewhere in the car. Unless your car is just glitching out and thinks it's inside when it's not.

·
Super Moderator
1,243 Posts
You totally have a keyfob somewhere in the trunk.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You totally have a keyfob somewhere in the trunk.
Nope. One keyfob is in my house, the other is in my jacket pocket. I suspect the Insight is seeing my keyfob in my jacket as being too close to the trunk, or it still thinks I am sitting in the drivers seat.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Nope. One key fob is in my house, the other is in my jacket pocket. I suspect the Insight is seeing my keyfob in my jacket as being too close to the trunk, or it still thinks I am sitting in the drivers seat.
To try and see if this would happen to me (it has not so far) I just went to my garage, opened the the trunk using the key fob. I stood right behind the trunk with the key fob in my pocket and the trunk closed with no problem so there appears to be something wrong here with your key fob.

·
Super Moderator
1,243 Posts
Nope. One keyfob is in my house, the other is in my jacket pocket. I suspect the Insight is seeing my keyfob in my jacket as being too close to the trunk, or it still thinks I am sitting in the drivers seat.
You should still be able to close the trunk even if the fob was in the cabin. For laughs, open the trunk and move all fobs 20' away, then try to close the trunk with them far away. That'll tell the tale. The sensors in your trunk may need to be adjusted. Does the issue happen with both fobs?

·
Super Moderator
2,712 Posts
To try and see if this would happen to me (it has not so far) I just went to my garage, opened the the trunk using the key fob. I stood right behind the trunk with the key fob in my pocket and the trunk closed with no problem so there appears to be something wrong here with your key fob.
Same, I normally have my key fob in my jean/jacket pocket, too. Never had trouble with the trunk lid being closed. I'm not sure how the car detects the key fob(proximity sensor?) but it might be worth a visit to the dealership while it is under warranty @Honda2019.

·
Super Moderator
4,098 Posts
There are a few posts earlier in the 'Issues" thread that mention similar-sounding trunk issues:
- Trunk lid doesn't want to latch (post #1 - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/434-post1.html)
- Trunk refusing to close and latch (post #51 - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/4888-post51.html)
- Force needed to close trunk (post #61 - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/5356-post61.html)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts