Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I got the maintenance minder for A 1. @ 10114.6 miles. I believe 10 months since build date.

This brings me to an interesting note, and I'm wondering if it's an issue, or something other owners have experienced.

I can't turn the radio off. This has never occurred before the maintenance minder. I also have been unsuccessful at restarting the infotainment system using the same method I've always used. Just wondering if this is something I should discuss with the dealership for documentation.

All other functions work, I can adjust volume with the knob, screen responds, track skip, brightness controls, and home button work. Last night we stopped at a drive thru, and went to turn the radio off, and to our surprise, it didn't shut off, we had to manually adjust the volume down to zero.

I have resisted doing a factory reset as of yet, current uptime is nearly 1000 hours.

·
Super Moderator
3,326 Posts
So yesterday I got the maintenance minder for A 1. @ 10114.6 miles. I believe 10 months since build date.

This brings me to an interesting note, and I'm wondering if it's an issue, or something other owners have experienced.

I can't turn the radio off. This has never occurred before the maintenance minder. I also have been unsuccessful at restarting the infotainment system using the same method I've always used. Just wondering if this is something I should discuss with the dealership for documentation.

All other functions work, I can adjust volume with the knob, screen responds, track skip, brightness controls, and home button work. Last night we stopped at a drive thru, and went to turn the radio off, and to our surprise, it didn't shut off, we had to manually adjust the volume down to zero.

I have resisted doing a factory reset as of yet, current uptime is nearly 1000 hours.
Not being able to turn the radio off sounds quirky... given your two prior 'electrical system freak out' issues (and that I haven't experienced this problem). If your heading to dealer for oil change, might as well have them log and check this issue as well.

·
Super Moderator
2,340 Posts
I'm currently...

• 13 months since build date.
  • 20% oil life left.
  • A little over 1000 hours uptime.
Will post an update if I see the same thing at 15% oil life.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I didn’t try to turn the radio off when the maintenance reminder came on so I don’t know if that’s normal but to me, it doesn’t sound normal.

·
Super Moderator
1,067 Posts
Maintenance minder shows in the DII and should be independent of the radio in the center display.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I figured out the radio issue, working down a checklist of things interconnected. So that you guys know about it, if you ever have a call "hang" through CarPlay (haven't tested with android auto). Meaning that the call is over, but if you go to the phone screen on the DII, you'll see an active call with a contact, that you can't hang up from. It'll cause the power button to be inoperable.

To fix, I simply plugged my phone into CarPlay, and made another phone call, when it hung up properly, I regained functionality of the power button.

The second issue, the reset process, still haven't figured that out. But since DII warnings also post a warning on the infotainment screen, that may be interconnected.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maintenance minder shows in the DII and should be independent of the radio in the center display.
There are two locations to access any maintenance issue. The DII shows a very simple warning. On the Infotainment screen, you'll see a picture of a little car (if I remember correctly) top right hand side. If you click that, you'll get a more detailed explanation of the message from the DII.

·
Super Moderator
3,326 Posts
I figured out the radio issue, working down a checklist of things interconnected. So that you guys know about it, if you ever have a call "hang" through CarPlay (haven't tested with android auto). Meaning that the call is over, but if you go to the phone screen on the DII, you'll see an active call with a contact, that you can't hang up from. It'll cause the power button to be inoperable.

To fix, I simply plugged my phone into CarPlay, and made another phone call, when it hung up properly, I regained functionality of the power button.
Thanks for the update, makes good sense. (And much better than being related to a '10k mile' issue. ;) )

·
Super Moderator
3,326 Posts
There are two locations to access any maintenance issue. The DII shows a very simple warning. On the Infotainment screen, you'll see a picture of a little car (if I remember correctly) top right hand side. If you click that, you'll get a more detailed explanation of the message from the DII.
Yes, it looks like from one of your prior picture/posts, the notification appears as a 'car' icon to the left of the time/clock:

·
Super Moderator
1,067 Posts
I never would have found the cause of that issue. I probably wouldn't have put 2+2 together after the next phone call either. Nice catch!

·
Super Moderator
2,340 Posts
Yep, on rare occasions I have experienced the glitch where after hanging up a call it still shows up as if I didn't on the display audio screen. I haven't seen this with Android Auto so it might be CarPlay related.

·
Super Moderator
3,326 Posts
Yep, on rare occasions I have experienced the glitch where after hanging up a call it still shows up as if I didn't on the display audio screen. I haven't seen this with Android Auto so it might be CarPlay related.
Has it similarly affected ability to turn off radio via power/volume knob, or was it something not noticeable on prior occurrences?

·
Super Moderator
2,340 Posts
Has it similarly affected ability to turn off radio via power/volume knob, or was it something not noticeable on prior occurrences?
I didn't try turning off the radio when the can't hang up phone glitch showed up. I usually turn off the radio before I turn off the car. I don't recall having an issue turning off the radio once I got to my destination when the glitch happened during the trip. It's been awhile since I used CarPlay and I haven't seen the glitch with Android Auto.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just wanted to add that I've tried 2-3 times per day for the last few days to do a restart on the tablet unsuccessfully. I need to make my service appointment, and I'll continue to try, over 1000 hours of uptime at the moment.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts