Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Touring
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a '22 Touring and noticed the driver side Hybrid badge was uneven compared to the passenger side? See pics; I use the door handles as a quick reference. Took it back to the dealership and they measured and confirmed it was actually uneven. They advised that they will order a new Hybrid badge and replace it properly aligned.

Anyone else notice this with your cars?

Passenger side (the correct side)
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Driver side (the uneven side)
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,087 Posts
I haven't seen anyone mention this the 3 years I've been here. Some of us got rid of the hybrid badges. :cool: Congrats on your new Insight!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Jeez, that is crooked! That would drive me nuts. My side badges seem fine but the rear trunk badge has always appeared a little crooked but it could be a trick played by the shape of the trunk lid.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just purchased a '22 Touring and noticed the driver side Hybrid badge was uneven compared to the passenger side? See pics; I use the door handles as a quick reference. Took it back to the dealership and they measured and confirmed it was actually uneven. They advised that they will order a new Hybrid badge and replace it properly aligned.

Anyone else notice this with your cars?

Passenger side (the correct side)
View attachment 7039

Driver side (the uneven side)
View attachment 7038
I have an 2022 EX (5 weeks to me) that had the uneven hybrid badge on the Drivers side. A couple of service reps also saw it. It was badly uneven. Same thing, ordered and put a new one on. Now both are level. For me that was the only quality control item I've. seen.

·
Registered
2021 Insight EX
47 Posts
I also just purchased a 2022 white Insight, and my driver's side emblem is crooked just like yours..... passenger side perfectly straight. Must be a problem with the automated machine that puts it on.
I checked mine out the other day. Crooked, but not enough to get me off my duff to do anything about it. 🙂 Although, I did find interesting the comment about folks removing the badge altogether. I wonder why and how big a deal that is? Any residual stuff to clean up?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Slowly pour hot water over them and pull.
Tape will soften and should peel away (lot of people use fishing line to cut through it). Goo Gone will take care of any residual, but be sure to wax area when done. Personally, I just don't like badges or chrome and with the rarity of Insights, gets people wondering "what kind of Honda is that?"🙂 To me, makes the front look sleeker/longer and I also took rear emblems off... I've been asked "is it fast?", to which I answer "not really"...LOL...

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting

1 - 7 of 7 Posts