Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #1
This US News article ranks all 2020 Honda models against one another within the brand, based on its own prior ratings/reviews. It's a bit of a head-scratcher and perhaps somewhat questionable...

Within Honda's own, it scores the Insight as middle-of-the-pack (#8 of 13 models) behind the Civic (#4), Accord Hybrid (#5), and Accord (#7) sedans. Engine noise, ride, and interior are critiqued on the Insight.

Also somewhat interesting, the CR-V hybrid was rated at the bottom of the list (#11 of 13 models) due to its antiquated infotainment system... yet the Civic has the same type of interface and is higher-ranked.

01 - CR-V
02 - Fit
03 - Odyssey
04 - Civic
05 - Accord Hybrid
06 - Ridgeline
07 - Accord
08 - Insight
09 - Pilot
10 - Passport
11 - CR-V Hybrid
12 - HR-V
13 - Clarity

Super Moderator
The Clarity has not yet been crash-tested, and so it is not scored or ranked.
I didn't even know cars can be sold in the US without needing to be crash tested. It's understandable if IIHS doesn't crash test a car because they're a non-profit but the Clarity hasn't even been crash tested by the NHTSA. 馃槮

They praised the Accord's new infotainment system but failed to mention the Insight had the same infotainment system. They praised the Civic's refined interior but ding the Insight saying the competition offers a more refined interior. Even though the Insight is a hybrid version of the Civic with the Accord's newer tech. The ranking doesn't make sense or seem fair.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't even know cars can be sold in the US without needing to be crash tested. It's understandable if IIHS doesn't crash test a car because they're a non-profit but the Clarity hasn't even been crash tested by the NHTSA. 馃槮
The 2019 Insight was in this position of going on sale (6/29/18) before NHTSA (9/29/18) and IIHS (8/29/18) results were published. The results came out before you and I bought our Insights, but early buyers didn't have this reassurance yet.

Super Moderator
The 2019 Insight was in this position of going on sale (6/29/18) before NHTSA (9/29/18) and IIHS (8/29/18) results were published. The results came out before you and I bought our Insights, but early buyers didn't have this reassurance yet.
The Clarity is still not tested to this day though. From 2017 model year to 2019(latest) model year.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #5
The Clarity is still not tested to this day though. From 2017 model year to 2019(latest) model year.
Oh, wow... that's shocking (literally?). Kinda like driving a ticking time bomb with the electrical and alternate fuel sources. The current generation Clarity has been out since 2016 model year. Maybe testing agencies aren't prepared yet to test/handle the safety risks associated with testing alternate fuel models (?).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts