Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
US News ranks the 2020 Insight as #5 (of 18) in Hybrid & Electric Cars, and #11 (of 34) in Small Cars. It cites that the Insight has great safety tech and fuel economy, but doesn't stand out from the competition. US News needs better tie-breaker criteria, IMO...

In the Hybrid & Electric category, it was beat by the Camry Hybrid (1), Accord Hybrid (2), Avalon Hybrid (3) and Prius (4); and tied the Corolla Hybrid for 5th place. (I've listed them because the same link gets updated next year when new models come out.) - https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/rankings/hybrid-cars#bottom-anchor
01 - Camry Hybrid
02 - Accord Hybrid
03 - Avalon Hybrid
04 - Prius
05 - (tie) Insight & Corolla Hybrid
07 - (tie) Ioniq & Bolt
09 - (tie) Fusion Hybrid & Sonata Hybrid
11 - (tie) Malibu Hybrid, Optima Hybrid & Prius Prime
14 - (tie) Volt & Prius C​

In the Small Car category (which lumps Compact and Subcompact together regardless of gas/hybrid), the Insight tied with the Elantra and Corolla Hybrid at 11th place due to a 5-way tie for 6th place among the Prius, Corolla, Mini Cooper, Veloster and Cruze. - https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/rankings/small-cars
01 - Volkswagen GTI
02 - (tie) Kia Forte & Mazda 3
04 - (tie) Honda Civic & Honda Fit
06 - (tie) Prius, Corolla, Mini Cooper, Veloster, Cruze
11 - (tie) Insight, Elantra & Corolla Hybrid
14 - (tie) Yaris, Rio, Ioniq, Sonic, Bolt
20 - Versa​

·
Super Moderator
1,070 Posts
The Corolla hybrid only comes in one trim level (basic), and the Insight has three. I disagree with them being tied. Notice the top four? I smell Toyota fanboys at C&D.

·
Super Moderator
2,347 Posts
The Corolla hybrid only comes in one trim level (basic), and the Insight has three. I disagree with them being tied. Notice the top four? I smell Toyota fanboys at C&D.
2019 Toyota Avalon Hybrid
Pros & Cons

• Cushioned ride
  • Upscale, roomy cabin
  • Supportive seats in both rows
  • Large trunk
  • Low fuel economy ratings by hybrid standards
  • Rivals offer better infotainment system
  • Less agile than some competitors
How did this vehicle get the 3rd spot when they listed those cons? :confused:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Gosh, the Avalon, the Camry and the Accord all get lower mpg's than the much better looking Insight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts