Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the driver and passenger are both connected via USB, can I choose who has control of the music both streaming via Spotify/Quoboz/Tidal and also with files on their device? Do I just choose which device in the input and go from there? Can I still run Waze from the driver's account and listen to music through the passengers device/control if we want to?

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
836 Posts
If the driver and passenger are both connected via USB, can I choose who has control of the music both streaming via Spotify/Quoboz/Tidal and also with files on their device? Do I just choose which device in the input and go from there? Can I still run Waze from the driver's account and listen to music through the passengers device/control if we want to?

Thanks for any input.
The car will pair with one device or the other. If you want to control music with one phone and navigation with the other, have the music phone connected via bluetooth. (You can still charge it.).

On my trip Sunday, we had two iPhones connected via usb. When you plug a second phone in, the screen will ask you if you want to pair the second phone or maintain the first connection. I haven't spent enough time to see how to control which phone to use via the infotainment screen. To swap back to my phone I simply disconnected the USB port and plugged it back in. Then selected yes on the prompted screen.

·
Super Moderator
3,326 Posts
The car will pair with one device or the other. If you want to control music with one phone and navigation with the other, have the music phone connected via bluetooth. (You can still charge it.).

On my trip Sunday, we had two iPhones connected via usb. When you plug a second phone in, the screen will ask you if you want to pair the second phone or maintain the first connection. I haven't spent enough time to see how to control which phone to use via the infotainment screen. To swap back to my phone I simply disconnected the USB port and plugged it back in. Then selected yes on the prompted screen.
Your suggested technique is faster than using the infotainment system when only two phones are involved. It reverse-engineers suggestions for CarPlay and Bluetooth, and takes advantage of the fact that a phone can only be connected to CarPlay OR Bluetooth at a given time (attachment 1).

However, up to six (6) phones can be paired to the car for the Bluetooth HandsFree Link. If you have multiple phones connected and need to find them via the Infotainment screen (or via steering wheel scroll knob for LX), it's under PHONE --> SETTINGS --> CHANGE DEVICES (attachment 2).

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts