Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has 19,000 miles and worked completely fine until about halfway through the day yesterday. The screen works and displays what it's supposed to, and even changes to the camera view when making a right turn. But touching it no longer does anything. Also, every system is showing as turned off or incomplete, or failed or whatever. This includes the TPMS, ACC, LKAS, break hold, the other driving modes (sport, eco, EV), regular cruise control, and everything else that you can think of. The people at Honda are utterly useless and refuse to look at the car until I make an appointment later next week. I have a feeling that because it's technical and not mechanical, there's got to be some sort of reset feature somewhere. But what is going on with my car?

·
Super Moderator
1,066 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is the infotainment system reboot procedure:

https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/290-2019-honda-insight-user-interface/2602-infotainment-system-restarting-rebooting-instructions.html

I doubt this would solve the warnings you are receiving on the DII though. You may have a failing AGM battery or some other electrical gremlin.

Please keep us posted as to developments.
I have performed this exact procedure about 10 times with no results at all. It does nothing.

·
Super Moderator
3,315 Posts
That's a lot of systems affected (Sensing, braking, modes, infotainment), with seemingly no direct connection.
- Are you able to drive the car 'normally' in that the engine and hybrid functions still operate as they should?
- Do the error messages appear at start-up or mid-drive?

Honda techs have device that can be plugged into the OBD system to find/detect specific error messages and help with troubleshooting. You could invest in buying a simpler OBD, but it may not be as helpful - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/564-2019-honda-insight-accessories-add-ons/742-obdii-blue-tooth-adapter.html

·
Super Moderator
2,334 Posts
It has 19,000 miles and worked completely fine until about halfway through the day yesterday. The screen works and displays what it's supposed to, and even changes to the camera view when making a right turn. But touching it no longer does anything. Also, every system is showing as turned off or incomplete, or failed or whatever. This includes the TPMS, ACC, LKAS, break hold, the other driving modes (sport, eco, EV), regular cruise control, and everything else that you can think of. The people at Honda are utterly useless and refuse to look at the car until I make an appointment later next week. I have a feeling that because it's technical and not mechanical, there's got to be some sort of reset feature somewhere. But what is going on with my car?
Is that the only Honda dealership in your area? If not try another one to see if they can take a look at your car quicker.

I don't think an infotainment system reboot will fix your problem since your Honda Sense systems are not working. The only way to reset and read what's causing those errors is the diagnostic tool Honda techs have access to. My best guess is that your 12v battery might be failing to supply enough power for those features to function. Ask them for a battery health report on the 12v battery even if they think it's something else.

·
Super Moderator
1,066 Posts
Try unplugging your 12v battery then plugging it back in. After that drive for 5 minutes. It does sound a little like a 12v battery problem.
I recall a user that did that a while back and managed to lock out his car resulting in the need to have it towed. Better to have the dealer figure things out.

·
Super Moderator
3,315 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Try unplugging your 12v battery then plugging it back in. After that drive for 5 minutes. It does sound a little like a 12v battery problem.
I recall a user that did that a while back and managed to lock out his car resulting in the need to have it towed. Better to have the dealer figure things out.
Well that should be very rare since how are people able to work on the radio without unplugging the battery. I feel this is a reasonably safe choice in a pinch.

·
Super Moderator
3,315 Posts
The following thread also comes to mind as being similar to your issue statement - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/282-2019-honda-insight-complaints-issues-problems/3544-just-little-over-6k-getting-all-these-warnings-2.html

For those that have experienced issues, rodent activity on exposed soy based wiring (transmission sensor wire underneath car near oil pan/filter), defective aftermarket accessory installation, camera internal failure, software update & BCM reset are mentioned as causes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts