Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My salesman told me this was normal, but I'm beginning to wonder. I hear a buzzing/humming noise around 30 mph usually when accelerating pretty quickly from a stop. I thought maybe it was a transition from electric to gas power, but now it has started making the same noise while using cruise (or not sometimes) at 60 mph. It is pretty loud. But then fades. Anyone else have it and is it normal? This is our first hybrid.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have heard something like this.. almost sounds like something in the doors or cupholders is vibrating but it goes away and it is not always there... wonder what the source is.

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX
1,061 Posts
Mine is, and always has been, dead quiet. I'd take it in and complain. If they still say it's normal, insist on taking another Insight out for a drive to verify.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's exactly what I told my husband. Try out another one and see if it does it. The vibration is definitely coming from the engine, not the interior.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,326 Posts
Mine is, and always has been, dead quiet. I'd take it in and complain. If they still say it's normal, insist on taking another Insight out for a drive to verify.
Same, here. It's really quiet especially when I'm driving on a road that is newly paved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts