Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I’m a new insight owner (Under 1k miles) of a 2022 EX who’s been noticing a strange vibration sound coming from the back/rear of the car… it happens when going over bumps, even slight ones at low speeds. I think it’s from the trunk but when I looked back there I couldn’t see anything visibly loose that could be causing it. I’ve attached some audio as well, any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,253 Posts
I had a mysterious rattle noise coming from the trunk area when going over bumps in the road, too. It took a technician riding inside the trunk going over bumps and putting a new Insight on a lift to compare before they found the problem. It was a loose caliper pin bushing they had to replace.

I suggest having a tech ride with you on a bumpy road and ask them to check your caliper pin bushing in the rear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a mysterious rattle noise coming from the trunk area when going over bumps in the road, too. It took a technician riding inside the trunk going over bumps and putting a new Insight on a lift to compare before they found the problem. It was a loose caliper pin bushing they had to replace.

I suggest having a tech ride with you on a bumpy road and ask them to check your caliper pin bushing in the rear.
Interesting, thanks for sharing your experience! I thought it was probably something inside the car, but the right rear wheel brake area also sounds possible considering how close it is to the rear car body... Did your rattle sound anything like the audio I attached? I recorded it in the trunk area with the seats down.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone!

I’m a new insight owner (Under 1k miles) of a 2022 EX who’s been noticing a strange vibration sound coming from the back/rear of the car… it happens when going over bumps, even slight ones at low speeds. I think it’s from the trunk but when I looked back there I couldn’t see anything visibly loose that could be causing it. I’ve attached some audio as well, any thoughts?
Interesting. I too am a new insight owner (took delivery last Friday) and also have a similar sound from the rear end, cannot pinpoint it. I see the recommendation about the caliper, will have to investigate that. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting. I too am a new insight owner (took delivery last Friday) and also have a similar sound from the rear end, cannot pinpoint it. I see the recommendation about the caliper, will have to investigate that. Thanks.
Dealership did their own inspection and found out the issue was with the rear seatbelt retainer! They replaced it, and now no sound!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts