Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I posted about this on Facebook last week, and wanted to wait to post on here because I know you guys are a lot more opinionated..

I took my car in to get tires and an alignment. I always leave my dashcam plugged in - on this particular visit, they put the ID sign that normally goes over the mirror, over my camera.. Then the tech who worked on my car went pretty fast over speed bumps.. His managers defended him on that count saying that the camera lagged behind - but you can see and hear the whole car rattle when he goes over the speedbumps. Also, after a few minutes of driving, you can hear the tech cuss a few times (25:10).. The end of the video is where he unplugs my dashcam.

Here is the e-mail he sent to me.

Good morning Steve,

My service director R.C. Flint, shop foreman and I have reviewed the video. The video was intentionally unplugged by the technician when he had noticed it was recording. It is a corporate policy that customers do not have consent to record and the technicians are informed to unplug the devices at the time they get in the vehicle to first bring it in the shop. In the video when he goes over the speed bumps it appears there is a slight lag because you can see the speed drops to 7mph after you hear the sound of the speed bump. The technician did not experience any problems during the test drive to warranty the language and I personally apologize for the foul language. After an alignment the technicians are required to test drive the vehicle and the normal route is around 5 miles which is accurate with what is documented on your work order. Please feel free to reach back out to me.

Thanks,

Ray Ramon
Service Manager
Hendrick Honda Bradenton
Direct: (941)752-2166
5515 14th St W.
Bradenton, Fl 34207

Video of whole thing..

Please let me know what you guys think.. I already told them that they won't be getting business from me anymore.

·
Administrator
4,313 Posts
Wow, you don't have good luck with Honda dealers, do you... missed tire rotations, questionable work, etc.

Could you check/update the link for "video of the whole thing"? I'm quite intrigued to see what happened, but the video link doesn't work as of now.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Wow, you don't have good luck with Honda dealers, do you... missed tire rotations, questionable work, etc.

Could you check/update the link for "video of the whole thing"? I'm quite intrigued to see what happened, but the video link doesn't work as of now.
Whoops.. updated sorry..

Yeah I guess I just have bad luck. Seriously though - he had to get back to me on it (in other words he wasn't sure why the tech unplugged the camera when he talked to me on the phone) so I don't believe him.

·
Administrator
4,313 Posts
The first round of speed bumps seem to be taken at reasonable speed; the second/third round of speed bumps were faster speed (different drivers? - valet vs technician?).

Did they leave your car running while changing the tires, or does your dash cam continue to record while the car is off?

It does sound questionable that if unplugging dash cams was a "corporate policy" the manager(s) didn't explain that when you first mentioned it to them.

My guess is the expletives toward the end of video (and just before unplugging) is the technician seeing a red "recording" light and realizing everything was filmed (despite the paper card over the dash cam).

The dude also needs to fasten his seat belt, based on the alarms sounding during the test drive. Shouldn't the dealer be concerned about that as well?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The first round of speed bumps seem to be taken at reasonable speed; the second/third round of speed bumps were faster speed (different drivers? - valet vs technician?).

Did they leave your car running while changing the tires, or does your dash cam continue to record while the car is off?

It does sound questionable that if unplugging dash cams was a "corporate policy" the manager(s) didn't explain that when you first mentioned it to them.

My guess is the expletives toward the end of video (and just before unplugging) is the technician seeing a red "recording" light and realizing everything was filmed (despite the paper card over the dash cam).

The dude also needs to fasten his seat belt, based on the alarms sounding during the test drive. Shouldn't the dealer be concerned about that as well?
Everything you said is exactly what I observed. As for the recording light, the position of the dash cam is behind the mirror so I don't see it myself, so I doubt that he saw it recording etc. What concerned me is right before he said WTF was the sound of him driving over something, then Oh S#%T.. I am not sure if they left the car running, or in the accessory position during the whole procedure, but the dash cam is only on when there is power to the cigarette lighter plug..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts