Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m finding that I need the driver and passenger visors to extend when the sun is at my left for the driver and right for the passenger. My Tucson visors have a small extension that slides out to lengthen the visors when down and swung over to the side.

I did a search and haven’t even found this as a problem anyone noted and or fixed. Perhaps I need to search for something other than “visor.”

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but. I probably wasn’t clear. I’m looking for a solution for when you’re looking straight ahead and you get that strong sun hitting you from the left. You swing the visor down and over, up against the window but the visor isn’t long enough to block the sun from hitting you in your left eye. Some visors have an extender that slides out to lengthen the shielding. I figure the wiring for the lighted visor mirror eliminates the ability to include a slide-out extension.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Silly question, because I haven't tried, but does the visor itself slide out? I know Chrysler does this with their visors, as well as my Chevy truck did. It wasn't a separate piece like in the Honda Element, but the whole visor moved.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Silly question, because I haven't tried, but does the visor itself slide out? I know Chrysler does this with their visors, as well as my Chevy truck did. It wasn't a separate piece like in the Honda Element, but the whole visor moved.
Never thought about that possibility. I’ll try it next time I’m in the car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually just tested this on my way home--the driver's side visor slides (albeit not a ton), but the passenger side doesn't.
Well, that is good news. I’ll give it a try. Wonder why it isn’t possible on both sides. Thanks for posting your test result.

·
Super Moderator
3,325 Posts
Well, that is good news. I’ll give it a try. Wonder why it isn’t possible on both sides. Thanks for posting your test result.
I'd guess Honda thought the feature was "helpful" for driver/safety, but allows the passenger to fend for themselves since there's low/no safety effect.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I actually just tested this on my way home--the driver's side visor slides (albeit not a ton), but the passenger side doesn't.
Just went out to the 2020 insight and it extends for both the driver and the passenger. And as I sit in the drivers seat I believe it extends enough to meet the need.
Love the availability of info from this forum!

·
Registered
12 Posts
My first attempt could also be user error (I asked my passenger to try it, who looked at me like I was nuts)--I'll have to reconfirm today!

·
Super Moderator
3,325 Posts
Just went out to the 2020 insight and it extends for both the driver and the passenger. And as I sit in the drivers seat I believe it extends enough to meet the need.
Love the availability of info from this forum!
My first attempt could also be user error (I asked my passenger to try it, who looked at me like I was nuts)--I'll have to reconfirm today!
Depending on what d_henn finds in re-testing the movement of the passenger side visor, this could be the first "difference" we've found between the 2019 and 2020 model (?)...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Depending on what d_henn finds in re-testing the movement of the passenger side visor, this could be the first "difference" we've found between the 2019 and 2020 model (?)...
Checked my 2019 EX and found that both sun visors extend out!

Yes, confirmed this morning passenger visor also extends in the ('19) Touring. Looks like I can't edit my earlier post with wrong info -- my bad!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts