Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just purchased a 2021 insight and noticed that the windshield washer nozzles seem to flood the lower 1/3rd of the windshield versus an even mist. Is this a factory standard or do I have a defect?

·
Administrator
4,838 Posts
I've just purchased a 2021 insight and noticed that the windshield washer nozzles seem to flood the lower 1/3rd of the windshield versus an even mist. Is this a factory standard or do I have a defect?
Welcome to the forum. Maybe the nozzles on your Insight are angled oddly (i.e. pointed toward lower 1/3)? I don't have this issue on my Insight, but on an older Honda, a dealer inserted a needle-like extension and 'raised' the nozzle angle upward. You could try adjusting yourself, but dealer could probably do more accurately and quickly... especially since your car is still brand new.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum. Maybe the nozzles on your Insight are angled oddly (i.e. pointed toward lower 1/3)? I don't have this issue on my Insight, but on an older Honda, a dealer inserted a needle-like extension and 'raised' the nozzle angle upward. You could try adjusting yourself, but dealer could probably do more accurately and quickly... especially since your car is still brand new.
Does yours spray in a mist? Mine are a thick couple of streams, wondering if they are getting lower pressure...

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,067 Posts
I believe mine sprays as a mist. It actually sprays high enough where some of it will land on the rear windshield if I'm not moving. Will check on that tomorrow and reply back.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,067 Posts
Thanks, looking forward to it!
Yeah, mine creates a V shape mist on the windshield for each nozzle. @hasarad should be able to confirm if this changed for the 2021 Insight because I own a 2019.

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,643 Posts
Yeah, mine creates a V shape mist on the windshield for each nozzle. @hasarad should be able to confirm if this changed for the 2021 Insight because I own a 2019.
My 2021 Insight it still clean! I'll let you know the next time I use the washers!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I took it to the dealer and it appears that an elbow was not installed correctly at the factory, 30 second fix and they're all better :)

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,643 Posts
So I took it to the dealer and it appears that an elbow was not installed correctly at the factory, 30 second fix and they're all better :)
Do you know what they did to fix it? Mine if barfing quite a bit more fluid than expected compared to my 2019. I haven't looked into it yet.

·
Registered
2019 Touring, Black
5 Posts
I had a similar issue at one point I sort of pushed the nozzle and it snapped back into where it seemed like it belonged. One of the few times I've been disappointed with the quality of my Insight, which im generally very happy with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts