Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I'm a little over 5k miles so I'll do the first maintenance soon. It's also my first new car and also my first maintenance appointment ever so I have no idea how things go.

I also have two minor problems:
  • a little noise coming from the driver wheel at every tire rotation
  • the tiny triangular rear window seal came undone in the inside of the car.
My questions:

1) What's the best way to do it: call them, and hopefully they will order the parts if needed (for the seal)?
2) Then they will be able to do everything in one appointment?
3) These two issues are obviously covered by the warranty?
4) What else is expected from the 1st maintenance, oil change and tire rotation?
5) Any idea of fee + duration?

Bonus question for @andrew28, it will probably be at Honda Everett if you have any insider advice

Thank you!
I just had my first oil change on July 3rd. My maintenance reminder came on at 2,971 miles and the oil change was free as is the next one if it's done within the first year of ownership. They wanted to rotate my tires but I said no because of the low mileage, I'll get that done next oil change. The Honda dealership has always been good to me and a lot of my family drives a Honda. I have a problem with water getting into my taillight covers when it rains or when I wash the car and that'll be checked soon.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
2,963 Posts
I have a problem with water getting into my taillight covers when it rains or when I wash the car and that'll be checked soon.
Yeah, it shouldn't be happening definitely get it fix.

(From Owners Manual) The inside lenses of exterior lights (headlights, brake lights, etc.) may fog temporarily if you have driven in the rain, or after the vehicle has been run through a car wash.Dew condensation also may build up inside the lenses when there is a significant enough difference between the ambient and inside lens temperatures (similar to vehicle windows fogging up in rainy conditions). These conditions are natural processes, not structural design problems in the exterior lights.Lens design characteristics may result in moisture developing on the light lens frame surfaces. This also is not a malfunction. However, if you see large amounts of water accumulation, or large water drops building up inside the lenses, have your vehicle inspected by a dealer.

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,532 Posts
I have a problem with water getting into my taillight covers when it rains or when I wash the car and that'll be checked soon.

I've had my taillight assemblies out to upgrade my turn signals to LEDs. There isn't much opportunity for water to get into the housing unless the bulb receptacles aren't seated properly. Hopefully it'll be a 5-minute fix for your car and not a cracked assembly (which should be warrantied if so, but will take extra time for Honda to get parts). Please let us know what the issue was once fixed!

·
Registered
45 Posts
You know, I thought my Insight had water in the driver side rear light also. This was shortly after we bought it 10/2019. Only saw it once. I always hand wash the car so would have noticed it if it happened again. Never noticed it a 2nd time. Maybe it was just something out-gassing or condensing on the inside of it when it was new? I'll keep a closer eye on it now, but we don't drive it in the rain much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts