Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am noticing that water keeps pooling up in the windshield cowl.

It does not affect the car in anyway and the water does not flow into places it’s not supposed to. It is just inconvenient when my cloth keeps dipping in the water when wiping down the windshield.

Is this a design flaw common with other Insights or do I have a drain issue somewhere?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,344 Posts
Hi all,

I am noticing that water keeps pooling up in the windshield cowl.

It does not affect the car in anyway and the water does not flow into places it’s not supposed to. It is just inconvenient when my cloth keeps dipping in the water when wiping down the windshield.

Is this a design flaw common with other Insights or do I have a drain issue somewhere?
I don't think I've seen anything like that with my Insight. There should be drain holes in that area if my memory serves me right...

·
Super Moderator
3,326 Posts
Your car is a Touring trim, correct? I don't think there are drains at the bottom of the cowl itself, but I think the sunroof can drain into that area. Maybe give the sunroof perimeter a check, to see if there is anything blocking/clogging flow in the sunroof area (?).

Cowl Pictures (74200-TXM-A00) - https://ahparts.com/buy-used/2019-honda-insight-windshield-cover-cowl-74200-txm-a00-74200txma00/255147-1
Parts Diagram (74200-TXM-A00) - https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~0~74200-txm-a00.html?Make=Honda&Model=Insight&Year=2019&Submodel=&Filter=(bt=4,1600;et=2,4)

·
Super Moderator
1,068 Posts
I have an EX with the same issue. I'll get it into Honda for a look-see eventually. I've been living with it since the car was new.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have the same issue with my Touring. If you look at the parts listed in above post you will see that the cowling only has drain holes on one side. If your car was sitting perfectly level the water might drain to the other side
but if it is on an angle the water will pool. When I do the final rinse with a hose I just shoot the water to the other side so very little pooling

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the same issue with water pooling on the passenger side when I hand wash. My driveway is slanted, and I wash with the nose up and it pools a lot. But it eventually drains. I never realized the holes were only on the driver side.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for the replies,
@insightfully : yes it's a Touring and it only pools up when I wash the car. I don't notice any build-up on dry/light rain days. (Maybe because the water could flow to driver-side drain holes when in motion)

I also believe that it is due to the angle of the ground where I am parked just like @4star and @ScottyWM mentioned.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wondering how long till someone posted on this topic, one of the 1st things I noticed on its 1st hand wash.
Yep any lean to the passenger side and you have a kiddie pool. I just need to remember to park the car opposite so the lean is to the drivers side when washing...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts