Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed this noise on your Insight 2019? It happens in specific conditions, turning the wheel, aplying the break or passing over a pothole. They checked it twice in the Honda workshop, but they couldn't reproduce the noise, so they did nothing. My car only has a year and 9,000 miles, but the sound started when the car was relatively new. This noise drives me crazy. Here is a video of the sound:

·
Super Moderator
1,236 Posts
Agreed - sounds brake-related. Check lug-nuts to be sure as well. You never know.

·
Super Moderator
2,694 Posts
Has anyone noticed this noise on your Insight 2019? It happens in specific conditions, turning the wheel, aplying the break or passing over a pothole. They checked it twice in the Honda workshop, but they couldn't reproduce the noise, so they did nothing. My car only has a year and 9,000 miles, but the sound started when the car was relatively new. This noise drives me crazy. Here is a video of the sound:
Where is the sound coming from? Are you able to replicate the sound on a road near the dealership? If so have them ride in the back while you're driving so you can point it out to them.

·
Super Moderator
4,084 Posts
Haven't experienced that type of noise; but I imagine it's quite annoying, especially if it started when new. Have you observed anything else at the same time the noise happens (e.g. braking difference, brake pedal push-back, steering column vibration)?

Your mention of braking and potholes makes me think of ABS, as it can activate when the brake pedal is pressed and the car travels over an uneven surface like a pothole. On my older Honda, when this combination of braking + pothole happens, it gives me the feeling of 'losing' my brakes as I travel over the disruption.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts