Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,771 Posts
More spare tire frustration. I ordered from hondaautomotiveparts.com (Majestic Honda in RI) Part Number: 06421-TXM-A11 Part Name: "Wheel, Temporary 17" Kit" so I walk into the shop and he is suspicious that the tire and wheel are incompatable. Damm he was right the wheel is a 16-inch wheel, not the 17 inches I ordered. So I went home and called, first they said that is what you ordered then the story changed to that is what Honda sells. I pointed out that the name specifies 17 inch. Bottom line they claim no such thing as a 17 inch wheel to put a spare tire on (think thinner wheel to match the thinner tire. They are sending me a return UPS shipping label but I am keeping it because the foam + jack and tools would cost almost as much as I would get back in credit (not a refund) and if they can not sell me the right wheel why would I want a credit anyway.
Anyone wants a 16-inch temp wheel I have one cheap. Now can anyone figure out where I might find the correct 17 x 4 wheel with a +45 MM offset and a 5 x 114.3 bolt pattern? (side note some web sights claim the insight only has 4 lug nuts per wheel so I went out and counted there are 5.)
The standard compact spare is a 16" wheel. I'm not sure why Honda promotes it as a 17" wheel when it's not. Just get a 16" tire and you'll be all good.

·
Premium Member
2021 Honda insight touring, White, born June 2020
23 Posts
Bit the bullet last night and ordered the 16-inch tire for the fake 17-inch wheel that is really 16 inches. May the pillow of the Honda executive that made the death to spares, have their pillow be warm and moist on both sides.

·
Super Moderator
1,771 Posts
Bit the bullet last night and ordered the 16-inch tire for the fake 17-inch wheel that is really 16 inches. May the pillow of the Honda executive that made the death to spares, have their pillow be warm and moist on both sides.
At least you can be assured it will fit the spare tire well properly.

May the pillow be flat as well.

·
Registered
2020 Insight EX Crimson Pearl
149 Posts
In what I thought was going to be hours of hell, I pulled off my wrongly placed side trims today. Had my fishing line and 3M eraser wheel ready, but it turns out they pulled off relatively easy and left no residue at all. I guess they weren't on long enough to harden. The adhesive strips were still quite soft and gooey.

I temporarily placed them where they were supposed to go, and decided I think I like it better with them off. I think they make the car look less sporty the more I looked at it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
At 1432 miles, today I had my mechanic replace my OEM wheels (23.7 lbs ea) with O.Z. Racing Ultraleggera wheels (14.7 lbs ea.)

Also I went to the self serve car wash, hosed her down, sprayed the rest of my bottle of Griot's Ceramic Speed Shine spray as a drying aid and wiped my EX until completely dry.

·
Super Moderator
1,771 Posts
My new license plates arrived in the mail today, so I thought it would be a good time to do a detailing on the '21 EX before putting them on. My son now has the '19 EX with the "MAD MPG" plates.

Car Land vehicle Automotive parking light Wheel Tire

Reactions: Madriverwalker

·
Super Moderator
1,771 Posts
That is a great look, especially with the off white New Jersey plates.

I am marinating on the idea of Yosemite California Special Interest plates, white and light blue-gray, on my PWP.
Just checked out the CA Yosemite plate. Should look awesome on a PWP Insight! Special interest plates in NJ have a yearly renewal fee (cost varies depending on plate chosen). Personalized plates here are only a one time cost ($50).

FYI - silicone plate frames are life-changing.

Reactions: Direct_Rejection

·
Registered
51 Posts
Trunk, map and dome lights are T10 bulbs. The kit I referenced above also includes the vanity bulbs. There are plenty of how-to videos online. Look up one for a Gen X civic - it's the same process.

Here's one: Honda Civic LED Interior How To Install - 10th Gen | 2016+ - YouTube

Be sure to have a plastic tool for removing lenses so you don't scratch them.
Purchased full set 3D MAXpider HONDA CIVIC 2016-2021 from Amazon
i went with Tan to break up the black
2022 Insight Ex

·
Registered
31 Posts
I tinted the windows 30% huper optik ceramic tint all around, installed a cell phone holder on the flat tray so now it's held up where I can see it, also put a leather sew on steering wheel cover on it (placed it on but will tackle the stitching tomorrow), and tomorrow my dash camera mirror comes in.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,205 Posts
Due to high gas prices I would like to add a lockable gas cap to my 2019 EX Insight. Will I need to get something uniquely designed for the Insight's fuel system ?
If you're going to buy one make sure the gas cap can handle a pressurized fuel tank.

Wouldn't a thief target a suv or truck with a bigger gas tank vs something like a compact sedan? I would guess on average I've only 5-7 gallons of gas sitting in my Insight. They would need to rob me at the gas station to get the full 10 gallons. :ROFLMAO:

41 - 60 of 64 Posts