Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
2017 VW GTI and man oh man do I miss it. Not that I dislike my Insight but I so miss the get up and GO ability with the GTI.

·
Registered
6 Posts
1998 Honda Civic HX 5sp manual. 146k miles. Designed for economy with VTEC-E engine and tall gear ratios. It was a great car but sluggish in the mountains. There were complaints from some owners about this since the engine revved very high to climb long grades. Similar to complaints about the Insight. No unexpected repairs in the 20 yrs I owned it. MPG was Highway-mid 40s, City-mid 30s. Over the years the mileage dropped over 10% but this may have been due to the introduction of ethanol blended gas. I looked up the EPA mileage estimates for this car and they were lower than the original EPA estimates on the sticker.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I traded a Audi A5 Coupe I dearly loved. Did so because we now require that the shape and size of the passenger door allow for an easier entry and exit from the passenger seat by my wife's newly disabled status.

Besides all of the outstanding attributes of the 2019 Honda Insight Touring Sedan, its passenger door fits our needs to a "T."

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I traded a 2014 Nissan Titan. The truck was great, but terrible for economy and started to develop problems I didn't want to deal with any longer, not to mention wanting to significantly reduce fuel and maintenance costs. I did use the truck as a truck from time to time, but did not tow with it but twice in the 5 years I owned it. The fit and finish of the Nissan was lackluster, but acceptable I suppose. As a commuter for 99% of its use in 80k, and the developing problems, I decided to go another route and ditch the truck life altogether. The pickup was good at nothing, but convenient now and then. Couldn't be happier in the last 2 weeks with the Insight...

·
Registered
836 Posts
I traded a 2014 Nissan Titan. The truck was great, but terrible for economy and started to develop problems I didn't want to deal with any longer, not to mention wanting to significantly reduce fuel and maintenance costs. I did use the truck as a truck from time to time, but did not tow with it but twice in the 5 years I owned it. The fit and finish of the Nissan was lackluster, but acceptable I suppose. As a commuter for 99% of its use in 80k, and the developing problems, I decided to go another route and ditch the truck life altogether. The pickup was good at nothing, but convenient now and then. Couldn't be happier in the last 2 weeks with the Insight...
The only time I've missed my truck was when we picked up our queen bed frame. It was the craziest game of Tetris I've ever played, getting it into the insight, literally piece by piece. Just a huge heads up, the hole behind the rear seats is small.

Reactions: cantaffordatesla

·
Administrator
4,505 Posts
The only time I've missed my truck was when we picked up our queen bed frame. It was the craziest game of Tetris I've ever played, getting it into the insight, literally piece by piece. Just a huge heads up, the hole behind the rear seats is small.
Congrats on winning the tetris game (ha)! The opening behind the rear seats is only 35" at the widest middle spot, and tapers/rounds/narrows further toward the bottom and top of the opening. The 'neck' section between the wheel wells is 40", and the widest part of the trunk is 54.5".

·
Registered
836 Posts
Congrats on winning the tetris game (ha)! The opening behind the rear seats is only 35" at the widest middle spot, and tapers/rounds/narrows further toward the bottom and top of the opening. The 'neck' section between the wheel wells is 40", and the widest part of the trunk is 54.5".
Yes, hahaha. The headboard was 42" tall on the ends. Involved some creative thinking, and lots of angles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I traded in a 2015 Ford Focus SE hatchback with 70k miles. It got low-30s on the highway and was a good car, but it was also bright red and had Ford’s terrible Powershift dual-clutch automated manual transmission. I had 9k left on the note and the transmission was starting its troubles, so I traded it in for my Insight at essentially the same payment and MPG in the mid 40s. My commute is 80 miles one way from Houston to Bryan through low rolling hills.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I traded a 2005 Civic Hybrid. Loved the little car--had a manual transmission in it that was great.
But I love my Insight!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Traded a 2015 Mazda3s Touring hatchback. 2.5L 186hp engine. If I nursed it right I could get nearly 40mpg, but combined per tank normally amounted to about 32. Car had leather seats, moonroof, nav, 18" wheels. Had the punch I wanted on the road. But...but...

Here in San Diego gas prices can gyrate a dollar or more over the course of the year and are currently $3.55/gal. Plus I wanted to have a lesser impact on the environment. So I started shopping for a hybrid in October.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi all,
Traded in my 2003 Acura TL Type S and miss the horsepower. But at least the sport mode has a nice pick up and go, noisy though.
I went from 1998 Acura CL 3.0 (6 cylinder) to 2007 Acura TSX (4 cylinder) to 2019 Insight. That first Acura drive was sure wonderful! But the Insight is fine until I have to climb a hill - it climbs OK, but loudly tells you all about it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had a 2015 Civic EX, but I didn't trade it in. I kept it as a 2nd vehicle. My spouse has a 2016 Fit.

·
Registered
64 Posts
2017 Ford Explorer XLT with the Sport Appearance Package...

Miss the cargo capacity but not the horrendous MPG

·
Registered
55 Posts

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT. Definitely doesn't have as much power but it doesn't matter because I spend so much time in stop and go traffic that my 25 mile freeway commute is usually at around a 25 mph average speed. I average 20k miles per year and my average mpg over 80k miles was 14.8 mpg. I've got almost 7k now on my Insight Touring and my average has been 50 mpg. Even though the Jeep was an awesome vehicle, I'm more than happy with the Insight.

·
Registered
58 Posts
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT. Definitely doesn't have as much power but it doesn't matter because I spend so much time in stop and go traffic that my 25 mile freeway commute is usually at around a 25 mph average speed. I average 20k miles per year and my average mpg over 80k miles was 14.8 mpg. I've got almost 7k now on my Insight Touring and my average has been 50 mpg. Even though the Jeep was an awesome vehicle, I'm more than happy with the Insight.
Did your SRT trade in value cover more than the cost of the Insight?

·
Registered
46 Posts

Traded in a 2012 Focus Titanium. Seems like I went in every couple of months to flash a new transmission firmware. It took about 7 years for Ford to make the transmission act normally. I miss having a hatchback. Everything in the Honda works way better than my old car though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What did you have before your Insight?
We traded in a 2010 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer that got 17 MPG. It was with us for 8 years and just over 100,000 miles. It was time to move on...
I traded in my 2011 CR-Z Ex for a 2019 Touring. The Z had 94k miles, love that car to death but the 2 seater factor was causing life issues lol.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts