Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
2007 Civic EX at 130K. Mileage was getting disappointing, especially while hauling bikes on the hitch rack (below 30s?). Seemed noisy at times. No USB jack and wasn't getting much use out of the MP3 CD player (running iPod nano through aux was the workaround). Loved the flat floor back row for the occasional middle seater. I was also a fan of this original two tier dash instrumentation. Bought this one 3 years used at 30K right off lease, sold it used via a referral from my mechanic for $5K to put towards my 2019 Touring at 3K/3mo used. I do miss using the TomTom for nav though - never been a fan of Garmin. I had bought my 1994 Civic LX new as my first car, but buying the 2007 EX used allowed me to splurge. So when it came to the Insight - touring trim it was to the moonroof plus all the bells and whistles that left us wondering whether we'd appreciate them (premium sound - eh, it's ok).

·
Registered
2 Posts
2013 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid with 94,000 mi. Absolutely loved the vehicle when it worked. But after a transmission issue was thankfully fixed under warranty it was time to get rid of it.

·
Registered
2020 Insight EX CVT Modern Steel
4 Posts
Before my 2020 Insight I had a 2019 Nissan Frontier SV Premium. It really was a nice truck, V6 had great power, smooth and quiet ride, the color and everything was nice, there was only one downside for me and that was the 18mpg. On the highway going 50, I could squeeze out 22mpg, but any speed over 70mph and the gas mileage drops big time. I miss the V6 rumble and the excellent power, but since I put 30,000 on it in one year and then realized I drive too much, and I no longer required a pickup, I decided to look at another Honda because I liked my 2012 Accord LX-S, and chose the Insight. Put 10,000 on my Insight in one month, and I’m so much happier paying $20 instead of $50+ to fill up.

·
Registered
2021 Touring, red
3 Posts
2010 Subaru Forester, 105,000k miles. Lots of rattling from heat shields for some years, other heavy repairs now every 6-9 months, low mileage (really struggled to get 20-22 mpg in our urban-environment town) combined to make us want something new, more fuel-efficient, and smaller.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Traded in a very rare 2016 Fiat 500X with a 1.4 turbo and 6 speed manual with 83k. I had that thing sounding mean by removing the muffler and pre-muffler and it was pretty fast once I chipped it. Alas, the dealer cracked the transmission case when changing the fluid. They replaced it but when I got it back, it was making a jingling sound (likely a damaged cv axle) and a new clunking sound (one of the mounts was probably damaged during the repair). Fiats are hard to get parts for and I didn’t feel like arguing with the dealer over the new noises. Since I used the car for work, I no longer felt confident in its reliability. I definitely miss how fun the Fiat was to drive and the convenience of a hatch but I thoroughly love my Insight and the increase in mileage from 26-28 avg to 55-60.

Attachments

61 - 66 of 66 Posts