Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Insight EX Modern Steel Metallic
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at my interior fusebox over the weekend and found this little piece of work. Anyone know what this is and what the function of it is?

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,779 Posts
I don't have that. Did you buy the car new? It looks like a home-made garage door opener setup. That's the location I have mine in my 2021 EX.

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,779 Posts
What happens when you push the button?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, I tried pushing it but I didn't get anything to buzz. I only found about this recently so not a clue if it was installed right out the dealership or during my 1st service during the Honda Insight recall.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks, I tried pushing it but I didn't get anything to buzz. I only found about this recently so not a clue if it was installed right out the dealership or during my 1st service during the Honda Insight recall.
A little late but when you buy a new car sometimes the dealership will install tracking devices in the car. Make sure to ask them if there is one installed on your car before you buy it this is an extra charge and they might not tell you about it. When I bought my 2022 there was only one dealership that would sell me the car without that dealer-installed item.

·
Registered
2021 Insight EX
116 Posts
A little late but when you buy a new car sometimes the dealership will install tracking devices in the car. Make sure to ask them if there is one installed on your car before you buy it this is an extra charge and they might not tell you about it. When I bought my 2022 there was only one dealership that would sell me the car without that dealer-installed item.
Wait. What? Why???

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, this is actually the first car i've owned (upgrade from a Nissan Altima - thank god) so I wasn't aware of this. Is it possible to get rid of this or will it have a material impact on the car?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks, this is actually the first car i've owned (upgrade from a Nissan Altima - thank god) so I wasn't aware of this. Is it possible to get rid of this or will it have a material impact on the car?
Well, you could ask the dealership if they can uninstall it or get a certified Honda mechanic to do it but I would talk to the dealership first and make sure it not going to void any warranties, etc. That thing looks fishy to me almost like an extra diagnostic port or something I would have it looked at.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.