Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 300 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With a new model, there are chances of issues arising. This has not been a typical issue with Honda that I can recall, but here are a few things we have noticed with ours...

Vents buzz/rattle when fan speed exceeds level 2

Trunk lid does not want to latch on the first attempt to close it. Sometimes taking 3 attempts to get it to latch. I am not sure if this is due to something that happened with the spoiler install or a factory defect. Anyone else having this issue?

Passenger side chrome trim on front door does not seem to line up with the trim on the back door. It's not terrible, but it is enough to be annoying.

When car is at a dead stop and the gas engine is running, there are a lot of random vibrations that remind me of a miss in a cylinder. There is no rhythm to them or logic to when/how they happen.

Anyone else having similar or completely different issues with their cars?

·
Registered
15 Posts
On the inside, I'm getting a faint rattle/squeak that sounds like it might be coming from behind the infotainment screen but it's so infrequent I haven't been able to pinpoint it yet. Only happens over certain rough roads.

I've noticed some fit/finish is not the best I've ever seen where some of the body panels meet. Just noticed last night that a couple of the nylon push-in rivets are missing from the driver's front wheel well where it attaches to the front bumper cover. I'm going to bring it up at my first service appointment.

On the initial test drive a cover bracket to the Honda Sensing radar in the front bumper actually fell off during the drive so the dealer had to install another one before I took delivery.

So nothing major, but I'm not used to these issues as I've never purchased such a car so early in it's production cycle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
When I pull into the driveway and put the car in park it makes a lot of noise and seems to shake a little bit. Not sure what is causing this reaction. Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Right now, my car has an awful rattle coming from the driver’s door, and my windshield came with scratches and imposible to remove hard spot which I am trying to make Honda repair it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right now, my car has an awful rattle coming from the driver’s door, and my windshield came with scratches and imposible to remove hard spot which I am trying to make Honda repair it.
This one just showed up in our (door rattle).

Something tells me my local Honda dealer is about to have my car for a while.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Has anyone noticed that with moderate-heavy rains, there is a surprisingly loud racket all thoughout the car - especially the roof? I have never heard raindrops sound as loud as they are when they fall on this one. I wonder if the aluminum composition of this particular model is not as insulating as the average car?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I pull into the driveway and put the car in park it makes a lot of noise and seems to shake a little bit. Not sure what is causing this reaction. Anyone else experiencing the same issue?
The only noises I have noticed myself are those of the electronic parking brake. That is definitely a sound to get used to. Other than that, no.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've unfortunately had the following issues so far:

On the driver's side, a dent on the driver-side C-pillar, two "creases" on the roof rail in the middle and trailing edge of the passenger door, an improperly installed rear quarter window (too much adhesive causing the leading edge to be "popped out") and an improperly-aligned passenger door. With the exception of the door alignment, all issues were taken care of by the dealer while I drove a loaner for a week.

Just a day after I got the car back, I got in it to run an errand and noticed a large crack on the trim panel covering the center console, near my knee. No, it's not a seam. There isn't one on the driver's side. It's a rip/tear/crack in the plastic. I'm a little distraught because I really love this car, but I'm worried about what someone was smoking when they put mine together.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Has anyone had theirs at the dealer for the crackling/rattling in the vents? This is the only issue I've had so far and haven't had a chance to take it in, yet. Wondering if anyone was able to find out what it was.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Has anyone had theirs at the dealer for the crackling/rattling in the vents? This is the only issue I've had so far and haven't had a chance to take it in, yet. Wondering if anyone was able to find out what it was.
While I have heard of this on occasion (usually with fan at higher speeds) I haven't taken it into the dealer yet. It's not frequent enough to bother me and as the saying goes, with my luck, it won't happen when its in the shop.

there is a thread on this but no answers yet. I am curious to know what it is and if its an easy fix or if Honda even knows about it yet...

https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/321-interior/102-rattle-vents.html#post376

·
Registered
91 Posts
Is anyone able to get auto-headlights/ auto-highbeams to work? Specifically, I am asking if you are able to get the system to automatically fluctuate between low and high beams? I know there are a lot of caveats with the system, however, even on a very dark road, no cars coming and with auto on, the system does not power up the high beams!!!???

·
Registered
39 Posts
Is anyone able to get auto-headlights/ auto-highbeams to work? Specifically, I am asking if you are able to get the system to automatically fluctuate between low and high beams? I know there are a lot of caveats with the system, however, even on a very dark road, no cars coming and with auto on, the system does not power up the high beams!!!???

Works great on mine.

·
Registered
91 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
My middle dash vents have a rattling/crackling noise at higher fan speeds -- Super annoying.

Also, my CMBS triggered while driving through the neighborhood -- Slammed on the brakes without any apparent target, scared the $#!+ out of me. Anyway, I disabled it, and found a CMBS Problem/ error message on the screen. Guess I have to stop by the dealer now...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Goldy, thanks for the instructions. I did previously read them and yet have not found the system to automatically change to/from low-high beams. Will have to try on different roads to see if it adjusts at all...
One thing that's not quite clear and I discovered by accident, is that if you manually activate the high beams while on auto, you will need to pull the lever toward you to put it back into auto mode. Give that a shot. Mine "stopped working" for about 15 minutes until I figured this out.

1 - 20 of 300 Posts