Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

What was the main reason why you choose to buy an LX or EX instead of the Touring?

• Didn't want to spend the extra money (6% extra for the EX over the LX, and 16% extra for the Touring

Votes: 26 48.1%
  • Didn't want Leather seats in the Touring.

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Didn't want lower MPG or the larger 17" wheels.

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Didn't want extra mechanical things that might eventually break (heated seats, moonroof, extra speak

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Didn't want the larger 8" display.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Didn't want the smartphone integration (Carplay and Android Auto)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Didn't want the extra technology in the EX (lanewatch and smart entry)

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.6%
41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
It's same condition even after 2 years, probably because Honda not advertising much and also sales people don't mention about this model unless we specifically ask for it. Not sure why but we specifically wanted to purchase only Insight and finally got after almost a year long wait (due to pandemic).
I remember hearing the "Meh" commercials on podcasts that would listen to. I was looking for a car to help me with my commute which at the time was 100 miles a day and it was the one. After test driving an Civic Si for fun, I test drove the Insight and was sold on it..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Touring to EX parts

I am starting to think that I should have closely looked at the Touring when I bought my EX a month ago. All the online reviews said the cost bump wasn't worth it, and I actually dislike leather interiors, so I didn't look past the online feature lists. But nothing online mentioned all the little things that are nicer on the touring.

Some of you have seen my quest for the auto rear-view mirror. Now I have found out that a feature that I love is actually available on the Touring; turn signals on the back side of the side mirrors. And there's even a pretty chrome accent on the back! Why would such a basic safety feature not be on all the levels? Ugh.

So now I'm going to rip off a mirror off of my EX and see what kind of wire will allow me to "adjust" my side view mirrors to have turn signals. :)
I did the same by choosing Ex instead of touring as my wife didn’t prefer leather seats and I felt good about more mileage on EX. Also didnt want navigation as apple play / android auto is the preference for us with maps.

But later found out for $3.5 k difference you get a lot on touring in my view. Still no regrets because of non leather seats and more mileage on Ex version.

adding those default options here if it helps someone looking for that information.

led fog lights, turn signal indicator on side mirrors, 2 extra speakers and a sub woofer with 450 watts vs 180 watts, auto dim rear view mirror with home link, leather seats with power adjustment controls, coin tray, navigation, power sun/moon roof, 17’ wheel vs 16’ on Ex etc.,

41 - 42 of 42 Posts