Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just love black wheels on white cars.. when I had an s2000, I did a lot of customization to exterior and interior.. but with the Insight, I wanted to remain somewhat of a purist..

With that said, I was recently in a shopping plaza and saw a white civic hatchback with these OEM black allow wheels and absolutely loved them ( they only can be optioned on the civic hatchback)..I’m assuming these would fit the Insight perfectly as the PCD is a match and the size seems to be exactly like or similar to Touring model?

Pretty decent price too..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-OE...rentrq:f14f512516e0a4b7b6d07ddeffba5cd2|iid:1

What do you think?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
2,999 Posts
I just love black wheels on white cars.. when I had an s2000, I did a lot of customization to exterior and interior.. but with the Insight, I wanted to remain somewhat of a purist..

With that said, I was recently in a shopping plaza and saw a white civic hatchback with these OEM black allow wheels and absolutely loved them ( they only can be optioned on the civic hatchback)..I’m assuming these would fit the Insight perfectly as the PCD is a match and the size seems to be exactly like or similar to Touring model?

Pretty decent price too..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-OE...rentrq:f14f512516e0a4b7b6d07ddeffba5cd2|iid:1

What do you think?
I think the stock wheels help with fuel efficiency but otherwise those black wheels do look nice.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the stock wheels help with fuel efficiency but otherwise those black wheels do look nice.

That’s my only gripe.. if it’s <1mpg, I’d be fine with that .. but the only way to find out is to buy them.. if I lost 5mpg, I would seriously have to applaud Honda for making such a complimentary wheel, but I seriously don’t think it will..

Maybe find a cheaper used set..

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
2,999 Posts
I just noticed those are 17" wheels and you have a LX. So you might need to factor in the cost of new 17" tires.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Insight Touring
726 Posts
You will lose gas mileage. Your lx has 16" wheels and my touring has 17" wheels and tires and that seems to be the number one reason for the lower gas mileage on the touring versus ex and lx models.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Looking for advice from anyone who bought new wheels for their insight. Based on other posts looks like there are possible gains in mpg for lighter wheels.

I just changed my tires from the OEM to Yokohama AVID Ascend GT and I am about 3mpg lower than usual so far.

I scratched my wheels very early so, I had plasti-dipped them black to cover the scratches and when I got my new tires most of the edges of my wheel dip got taken off. Instead of putting new dip I think I will get new wheels to also try and gain more mpg that I am losing with my heavier tires.

I see the offset on the OEM is 45mm would 40mm be detrimental?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was considering these from America’s tire. Only 18 pounds and low priced..Comes in three different colors. Although it is 38+ offset, which I honestly don’t think will be a problem.

If you wait until Black Friday or the Christmas sales, they might even be cheaper.

Those seem nice but, I does the offset impact anything? Haven't heard of the Vision brand either.

I am definitely waiting for a sale regardless since I do not need them immediate.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
According to the America’s tire website, they will fit the Gen 3 insight.. With regards to offset, the wheels will stick out very slightly from OEM spec.It’s such a small difference that it will be very hard to notice and it won’t affect performance, in fact you will probably get better performance because of the much lighter wheel.

It’s not like going from 45+ offset to say 12+ offset, in my opinion it is a small difference.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Plus you’re getting an aftermarket wheel so that offset is optimized for that wheel design.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was considering these from America’s tire. Only 18 pounds and low priced..Comes in three different colors. Although it is 38+ offset, which I honestly don’t think will be a problem.

If you wait until Black Friday or the Christmas sales, they might even be cheaper.

Looks like America’s Tire website is inaccurate with respect to the weight of these wheels. According to the Vision wheels website, they may actually be 20lbs. So if OEM 16” Insight wheels are 24lbs,you may see mpg improvement, but if they are 22lbs, perhaps not?

Knowing this, I would just buy these wheels for the looks.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I’ve been considering these wheels now as they are the lightest I could find in 16” with specs close to OEM at 16.5 lbs, price is decent and looks nice too. Plus I’ve seen people modify Honda center caps to fit Enkei wheels ( I may get lucky and find one that pops right in).

If the OEM wheels are anywhere from 22 pounds to 24 pounds, it’s a good amount of weight savings at any weight. I’m wondering what my mpg will increase to when I get them.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I got my Enkei j10’s today. Honda center caps fit perfectly! Their just a bit darker than wheel but I’m fine with that. I weighed these also and they are indeed 16.5 lbs. I’ll have to do some driving a bit to see if my mpg improves.

What do you think honestly?

Before:

After:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts