Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would say mine is similar to yours. Back in December 2018 when I bought mine, my dealership had 2 other Insights that had fuel doors with similar small gaps, and would go further in when pushed. While the Civics next to them had flush fuel doors, and wouldn't move when I try pushing them in further.
My sister has the 2019 Accord Hybrid and hers has the same play, though it is a little more flush (but not completely).

·
Registered
308 Posts
03/19 here and also flush door. I always thought it odd that I could push in the back part of the door a bit, as if it has more give then normal but it fits flush so I’m happy.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My oil was at 100% when I picked the car up today, so I think they changed it out. AGM battery was replaced as well. Build date of 8/18, bought it today 7/20/19.

·
Registered
836 Posts
My oil was at 100% when I picked the car up today, so I think they changed it out. AGM battery was replaced as well. Build date of 8/18, bought it today 7/20/19.
If for any reason you come to doubt the dealership changing the oil, here is a resource that'll independently test an oil sample for you.

Blackstone Labs Website

·
Registered
91 Posts
My Touring was built in April 2019 and purchased at the end of May with 33 KM on the odometer. The VIN ends in 00589 which tells me that there are not too many Insights in Canada. Note: the VIN numbering scheme differs slightly between US and Canadian vehicles even though they are built in the same US plant. The gas cap door is flush with a bit of play as noted by others in this string. My car must have been freshly delivered because it still had all of the shipping protective stuff pasted all over the car when I drove it for the first time as a demo. We signed the paperwork after the demo drive and I suspect that the dealer has no more in stock since their web site does not show it as available for test drives. I am hoping that when it comes time for servicing the technical staff will know something about the car since mine might be the only one that they have seen so far. Mine came with rubber floor mats in addition to the regular carpet ones and the dealer also threw in a set of snow tires on steel rims.

·
Premium Member
4,838 Posts
My Touring was built in April 2019 and purchased at the end of May with 33 KM on the odometer. The VIN ends in 00589 which tells me that there are not too many Insights in Canada. Note: the VIN numbering scheme differs slightly between US and Canadian vehicles even though they are built in the same US plant.
Thanks for adding your info! The Canadian VIN format is 4XXXXX, and US VIN format is 0XXXXXX. The first number in the 6-digit serial number indicates intended region/model. These threads on Canadian VIN numbers and Canadian Insight Sales and Canadian Insight has rear heated seats offer some additional discussion on the US/Canada difference.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I am hoping that when it comes time for servicing the technical staff will know something about the car since mine might be the only one that they have seen so far.
Read the owners manual when you get the chance. It definitely helps you understand more about your car, and prepares you for what to do when your car is behaving incorrectly. All maintenance information, and when/how to do them are in there. Anything else can be asked right here on the forum. :wink:

·
Premium Member
4,838 Posts
Just got car back .. advisor said the codes were telling them it’s the rack and pinion and 12v battery is fine ..instead of just replacing a motor in there , they are replacing entire assembly (which is about a 2k job without warranty)..

I looked for manufacture date but not sure where to look.. there are many stickers and there doesn’t seem to be an obvious manufacture date anywhere
You're looking for a MM/YY number that is in the upper right corner of one of the stickers. It looks something like this sample pic from an Odyssey:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not sure of the date but my last six are 002049. It must have been sometime in November because I had 10 factory-only miles on it. Basically bought it right off the train.

·
Premium Member
4,838 Posts
Not sure of the date but my last six are 002049. It must have been sometime in November because I had 10 factory-only miles on it. Basically bought it right off the train.
Look for a sticker on the drivers side door sill, like the sample one above in post #48. The production date (MM/YY) will be in the top right corner of one of the stickers.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Congrats on owning #2,049 of the 2020 model year Insight. :wink:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Finally got around to looking at mine. The LX was manufactured in October of 2018, I purchased it July 31, 2019, with about 98 miles on it from test drives.
I still don't have 2,000 miles on it. . .

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Finally got around to looking at mine. The LX was manufactured in October of 2018, I purchased it July 31, 2019, with about 98 miles on it from test drives.
I still don't have 2,000 miles on it. . .
What's your oil life % at?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Maybe I hold a record for longest time between manufacture and sale date?

My 2019 Touring was purchased on January 1, 2020 with 6 miles on the odometer. My build date is listed as 11/18 on the door tag.

·
Premium Member
4,838 Posts
Maybe I hold a record for longest time between manufacture and sale date?

My 2019 Touring was purchased on January 1, 2020 with 6 miles on the odometer. My build date is listed as 11/18 on the door tag.
Congrats - you DO officially hold the record (as of now), assuming 'worst case' production date on first day of month. But you only beat @Doogie out by 3 days...
- Doogie (EX) = May 2018 mfg --> 6/28/19 buy = 423 days
- Threeweight = Nov 2018 mfg --> 1/1/20 buy = 426 days

Doogie hit the 15% oil life warning only 1245 miles (3 weeks) into ownership, which is why I think @andrew28 inquired about what you're seeing on the maintenance minder. The remaining oil life includes both a time (~1 year) and distance factor in the calculation - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/1...-maintenance-required-soon-light-oil-15%.html

If you're at/near 100% oil life still, the dealer may have changed your oil and/or reset the meter...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well, it was nice to hold the title if only for a few months :) !

My dealer changed the oil for free, and gave me coupon for the next oil change also as a way of saying Thanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
To estimate how 'hard' the car was driven before you bought it - when was the car built (see MM/YY in upper corner of sticker at bottom of driver's door jamb), and when did you buy the car (MM/YY)?

Overall, 3400 miles seems relatively low for a 2019 Insight. I personally don't think I'd opt for Honda Care, given the low mileage conditions and the Honda CPO Warranty.

As a Honda Certified Pre-Owned vehicle, you get a limited warranty in addition to and separate from all other Honda limited warranties in effect, and starts only when the existing New Vehicle Limited Warranty expires. - https://www.hondacertified.com/-/me...fied-Pre-Owned-Vehicles-Warranty-Booklet.ashx
The car was built in September, 2019. It was actually used by the dealership as a loaner vehicle.

I’m leaning towards not buying it, but the additional “bumper to bumper” coverage, from 48,000 up to 100,000 miles, is very appealing given all the technical features of this car.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I added the Clear Epoxy all around the base of the area that was damaged in the Photo circled in red. I just used a tooth pick and coated all away around the base of those 2 areas that the Cover snaps on to. The side circled is the side that was broken. Manufacturer date is 11/19. Purchase date 12-5-2019 so that's not much time for a Battery to lose a charge. Who knows who and how it got broke, but I know its a major fix to get that Box replaced.

View attachment 4980

·
Registered
102 Posts
The timing was pretty accurate. Car was built in January 2019 and I drove it home March 21st 2019. Maintenance minder came on near the end of February 2020 but waited until this past week to take in as I drive it so little.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts