Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I purchased my Insight back in early September. I’ve driven it to Florida and back and it already has over 10,000 miles on it. Aside from some ice-y roads on the back through the Midwest (where cruise control and lane-keep auto-disable for obvious safety reasons) it been absolutely fabulous! It hit about 45 mpg across country, but I’m in the high 50s and 60s around the city. Loving it so far and highly recommend.

·
Super Moderator
4,098 Posts
Congrats on the milestone, and welcome to the forum! Looking forward to learning/sharing more about the car from your experiences.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you have inspected the paint and overall finish so far, how is it? I heard Honda doesn't do that great bodywork and in fact don't delivery entirely "new" cars.

·
Super Moderator
4,098 Posts
If you have inspected the paint and overall finish so far, how is it? I heard Honda doesn't do that great bodywork and in fact don't delivery entirely "new" cars.

@highmiler - Can you elaborate on the "not entirely 'new' car" comment? Is this related to paint quality or vehicle quality?

Separately, my paint job looks kind of grainy, not perfectly smooth. I notice it in sunshine when I walk by and it's not an entirely glassy finish. I'm not sure how it will hold up, so will be interested in hearing comments from @cmfcp and others who are more miles/months in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts